cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have this issue.  But the blinking happens, not all the time, but the watch doesn't have to be dead for it to happen.  When it happens is inconsistant.  How it blinks is also inconsistant.  Today the S3 Frontier was down to 49% charge, so I thought I'd charge it.  Came back about an hour later and it was still at 49%.  Something has definitely happened to the battery, watch, or software.

BTW, I'm running Tizen 4.0.0.7, so don't look for an upgrade from 3 to 4 to make a difference.

My son just got a new iPhone.  If tell him this issue he'll have a good laugh.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s3 classic stopped charging. I reset it and it seems to have fixed the problem. 

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How often do you plan on resetting your watch in order for it to charge as it should do?

Do you think resetting your watch to charge it is reasonable ?

If you keep finding these kind of workarounds Samsung won't address the errors,  how many times have you had to factory reset your phone to make it charge the battery ?

I've never had to reset my phone other once in 12 months to free up memory and performance. 

Until the message is delivered to Samsung loud and clear they will not address the problems.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear @SamsungViv

I bought a new samsung gear s3 frontier device a few day ago. unfortunately it won't work properly. this device was stopped charging at 85% and very high temperature. I saw a warning message "Can't charge gear battery need to cool". I think it is a serious issue thus please fix this issue thank you

my device model number SM-R760; Tizen version 3.0.0.1

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Wall SS acc

Have you tried the suggestions earlier in this thread? Did any of those help you some?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gear S3 Frontier.

Same issue. Got this watch for xmas 2016 and just started using it recently. Battery has been dying quickly and even though the gear app said it had over 1 day remaining it would die in under 8 hours. Was not paying much attention to the "lights" until today. Last night I shut to down completely and set it in the cradle. When I woke up this morning I had a flashing RED light and the watch listed itself as 92% charged. I took it off the charger and re-inserted it. It showed a steady red for about three minutes and then return to flashing red. Wiped the cradle and back of watch with alcohol and put the watch in the cradle with buttons down. this did NOT help and I was greeted with a flashing RED after about three minutes. Remembering that my wife had an S2 I tried her cradle and Wala. Solid green light in about 10 minutes. So, it appears (and hopefully this is the case) that it may be an issue with the cradle. I have a 2nd cradle that is in my travel bag and I'll give that a whirl and report back.

For reference the gear app after connecting to my phone shows the battery at 99% with 2d15h24m remaining. Hit refresh prior to posting this reply and it is already down to 96% with 1d19h19m remaning.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thank for your promptly reply

No I didn't try before. but after I leaved this comment yesterday I contacted to Samsung service center and they suggested me to reset this gear then if it still occur this issue they ask me to take it to service center to ensure that it cause of software issue or hardware issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received my watch and am discovering this problem too. I was able to charge it to 100% once. Last night I left it plugged in and it ony got to 80+ percent.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the same error I am getting. Must be an update issue? I can not find a solution either. The vudoo tricks listed above do not work.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userd184kvhA6y Do you have a Carrier or Bluetooth version? Also can you provide the software version currently on your watch?