JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-R760

Tizen version 3.0.0.2

My gear s3 frontier is not charging, displaying a warning sign

Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear. Can you describe the warning sign you are getting? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I've just got my gear S3 classic as a present. I've taken it out of the box, plugged the charger to a socket with the original cable, and put the watch to charge.

After a few seconds with red light I see a blinking red light on the charger.

The watch, again right from the box, have no battery charge, so it is impossible to reset (as recommended in earlier posts to solve this charging issue)

Do you have any advice on who to make the watch to work?

I've called Samsung support and they've said that they can't help me, because the watch has to be on in order to get any help from them (????)

Help please!!

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would find out where it was purchased from , get the receipt and take / send it back. If it's new out of the box and not working then that's a big problem for Samsung.

Samsung it appears from these reports that your production quality assurance system needs a massive overhaul.

Quite frankly we'd all do well to steer clear of Samsung's products, and make sure you spread the word.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just started having this problem after the 3.0.02 update, too.  Come on Samsung - help us out!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased a S3 and it would not charge upon removing it from the box. After a couple minutes of troubleshooting, I found that the charger was defective. Not the dock, but the adaptor that plugs into the wall. 

Tried a different adaptor and its been charging fine since. I didnt want to go through the hassle of returning the entire thing because of a charger adaptor, so I reached out to Samsung with no luck. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  could use this to justify a Galaxy watch (S4) 😀

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having trouble with my S3 no longer charging as well. I sat mine down on the charging dock and rather than the usual instant charging screen that shows up, it would do that only for about a second then stop, going back and forth non stop. Then it it just stopped doing that altogether.  The dock light blinks green for about a quarter second then switches to a full red blink, repeatedly. It isn't charging the watch at all. 

I had no issues prior to this other than the battery life not lasting as long between charges.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
"I found that the charger was defective. Not the dock, but the adaptor that plugs into the wall." That also worked for me, we need to let Samsung know of this
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea, I changed mine as well just after my first post here and it's working. Changed to the charger from my old Samsung phone.