JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not charging

(Topic created: 07-18-2018 02:49 PM)
userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I finally received my gear s3 frontier, and right out of the box it will not charge properly. When you sit it in the dock, it will start charging like it should, but will stop 30 to 60 seconds in. I have to remove it, and really set it to get it to start and stop again. With  the phone off, and dock on a fast charger, I'm getting about 1% gain with each time setting it on the dock. Has anyone else experienced this, and what ended up being the fix or solution? Thank you

172 Replies
userVl4k97aHgj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue after the last update!! I do NOT know how to go back to the older version as pre update that came out in the last few months.. I didn't have issues.. I even had a new battery put in the gear s3 frontier I have.. (I have longer battery now but having to baby the stupid thing now in its charging cradle is super annoying..

If I have it turned on when I start charging it turns off.. that is ANNOYING.. never did that per the last update (3.0.0.2) I wish I had not installed that.. I did not install it when it came out.. I just installed it a few weeks ago!!

Now to see if there is a way to go back to 3.0.0.1 and see if the issue fixes itself.

0 Likes
userY3pe8lH4ub
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

After two years Ive given up - not only on this watch - but all Samsung products.

It worked perfectly for the first year... and now it seems everyone has some issue with the battery. 
A superb watch made unuseable by software engineers who are incompetent. 

0 Likes
userfakpp3i8iU
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

After Aug 2018 there is no update till date. When will Samsung release next patch or firmware update soon so that it can fix all this false settings stopping watch from charging properly. If Samsung cannot give new firmware then atleast it should give user option to upgrade selective firmware older one which watch didn't had any problem after factory reset.

0 Likes
userpX3y0wefrQ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am slowly giving up on Samsung products. IT is very annoying when I don an update and all of a sudden my watch won't charge.  The red light goes on as if its charging, come back in the morning, and it is blinking and no charge. This should be a simple fix for Samsung, just undo what the stupid engineers did with the charging pportion and releast an update. Next time do some more testing before you releast an update...

0 Likes
Luke6283
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Looks like they released an update to address the battery issue according to this article 20hrs ago. Although my S3 LTE doesn't have an update. It lists R760 software, my S3 is R765.. . Hopefully it'll help the majority of you though.

https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-fixes-battery-drain-issue-with-the-gear-s3-in-fresh-update/

0 Likes
userAu1tg4i8iJ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thankfully I don't have the heat problem, but I've replaced every component except the watch itself and it's still not working consistently. Flashing red. But, I can usually get it to charge to 100%, so there's that. But when you're trying to get to work, you need your watch, and it stopped charging in the middle of the night...not a good feeling. And the battery drain is ridiciulous. I've turned so many functions of the watch off that it only tells time pretty much, and the samsung pay when that works with the retailer. It's pretty much like an analog watch now, but with far more hassle. I can't recommend this watch to anyone, I'm afraid. 

0 Likes
VicD
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I got my watch back in November and I could not get it to go to 100% on one charge with all the original equipment and watch straight out of the box.  It would start going hay wire like I was docking and undocking the watch or stop completely.  Called samsung they made me reset even though it was new after they wanted me to escalate and blah blah blah 

Ive finially got it to work - Im using original cable and dock but have it connected to a 5v 1 amp charger. Ive have it charge to 100% from 40% multiple times and from close to 0% a few times. Try it hope it works for you. 

0 Likes
userhx5O5lNBQL
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Turn off the gear and charge it and when become hot cooling it and recharging again and again . Hi tech device but bad in quality Iam sad because i buy gear s3

0 Likes
user07ZqM8Tf00
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problems. If I sitch of the watch before charging it is no probem with the charging. Definately a software issue. I have 3.0.0.2 version,

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Give this a shot; http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=1000276&modelname=SM...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes