cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYbtqtRNxjt
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not charging - Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How did I solve or appear to solve the problem. My suspicion was that the heat sensor in the watch was either failing or set to the wrong temperature. After charging the watch it would not be very hot, barely warm in fact and so I don’t believe it was a true overheating issue.

I put the watch in the refrigerator to get a temp base line. The watch was turned on and then put on the charger. I had a much longer run than previous attempts and got most of the way to a full charge before the watch shut down.
2nd experiment was the same as the first but the watch was turned off. Every time I had a successful charge.
3rd attempt was the same as 2nd but I did not put the watch in the refrigerator. I got to the same result as 2nd. So, charging with the watch off worked fine every time. I’m at 78% on my fifth successful charge using this method.
Taking the watch into a hot environment, like sun bathing, caused it to shut down again.
I summary, this is a design flaw, possibly a software issue, that Samsung know about, of that I’m sure and they have remained silent on this for months. No longer can I show off my S3 against the iWatch. There is no doubt that the S3 has better functionality and battery life but these problems make it a poor reliable product. I think charging and having the watch on at the same time causes the watch to overheat and turn off.
userMgzBYdUCeQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, but it's completely dead. How am I suppose to update it if it's dead?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This link should help with the device not turning on.

userQkpBwbSFYE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Completely useless guide! What is the problem since this update that all the users suffer?

Build Number : R770XXU2CRC3
Tizen version : Tizen 3.0.0.2
Release Date : 2018-04-09

The problem started for almost all users of both classic and frontier watchs since update from Tizen 3.0.0.1 to Tizen 3.0.0.2.

Samsung must provide a solution even if recalling and replacing or pay the money back. Just like for Note 7 explode issue!
userQkpBwbSFYE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the Tizen 3.0.0.2. update, samsung released a new update almost once a month for "Improved battery charging algorithm and stability" and not only the problem not solved but also it got worse!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear userQkpBwbSFYE, if the troubleshooting steps were not helpful then service repairs are recommended. You are welcome to speak with your retailer/carrier regarding possible steps they may have. But,Samsung offers a ship-in repair for both the charging dock and watch in order to have it evaluated by an authorized technician. For more information, please private message us here with the full model code and serial number of the watch: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

None
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is having a known issue with this product. Why are they not issuing a fix for andesign flaw. I went through this with the Note 7.

userESxrPfTH77
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. Dont you guys see the problem.

if watch is down with 0% then its very hard to get it charged again.

we need to reset or struggle to get it turned on. wake up with this issue. provide a software fix for this.

Ron Nesher
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the same exact problem! when I put the watch on the charge pad the red light turn on for about 30 seconds and then start to blink. Nothing happens and the watch is  completely dead!

The problem is that the battery is completely empty so I can't turn it on and try to update to 3.0.0.2.

I appreciate any help!

Ron N

userajrzZRgZbq
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the same problem. I only can charge in the freezer. Actually it works, but who wants to charge always like this?
Could someone help?

Serial no: < Hidden >
Model: SM-R770
Tizen: 3.0.0.2
Softw.:R770XXU2CRK2
Knox: 2.2.0

Zoltan