Original topic:

Gear S3 not charging

(Topic created on: 1/13/17 8:53 PM)
userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I finally received my gear s3 frontier, and right out of the box it will not charge properly. When you sit it in the dock, it will start charging like it should, but will stop 30 to 60 seconds in. I have to remove it, and really set it to get it to start and stop again. With  the phone off, and dock on a fast charger, I'm getting about 1% gain with each time setting it on the dock. Has anyone else experienced this, and what ended up being the fix or solution? Thank you

JUMP TO SOLUTION
172 Replies
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, Just following up to see if you still need any assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ricketkm
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having the same issue with my gear S3 also ever since I've got the new update. Now it has gotten worst my watch won't charge and it clicks while on the dock at 35% and won't turn on and also gets real hot. What hurts the most is that I'm out of wareawar:pouting_face:

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey guys, can I get the following information?

Model Number

Software Version

0 Likes
Luke6283
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

SM-R765A

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R765AUCU2CRC4

0 Likes
Dleonard405
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

Hey guys, can I get the following information?

Model Number

Software Version

Sm-r760

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R760xxu2cre3

0 Likes
Dleonard405
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have replaced everything and it still does it. I updated it about a week ago and thats when this started

0 Likes
userlvuWx9zgnG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I looked up on the internet to find that I too am having the same similar problems.

My moto 360 still charges

my samsung gear s3 justused to charge up to 60 % and now it doesnt even pass 1% and gives wierd triangle and blinking red lights

Only one year old and I feel like I have a 400 dollar paper weight 

0 Likes
userlUQn3mYFVC
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My SM-R760 was fine until the latest software update 3.0.0.2 then it went throug all the above issues of charging. I tried all the above "solutions" without success untill I found my old computer frezer spray i used when reparing computers. I checke the ventilation holes on eather side of the watch were clear and put the watch on the cradle then with regular blasts of frezer spray, to keep the watch from overheating, it will now charge to 100%.

This is very tedious.

I also found that if I dont do this then the watch is far too hot to actually put on my wrist as it BURNS.

Someone must have "tinkered" with the charging algorythem in the last update as it has been fineish for over a year I have had the watch.

Regards

Tony

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey there, do you still need help with this? 

0 Likes
user7vmGbcKqI1
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Strange.  My charging problem actually started AFTER 3.0.0.2 update 2 days ago.  Before that it was working fine with no battery drain issue.  Such a  to reset the watch.  

0 Likes