cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been using Samsung Classic watch for past one year with no issue.

After recent firmware upgrade my battery is not charging to 100% .

Issue is red light blink. Even when charge power off. Max reach once 72%. Normal charge only till 32-50%.

Software version: R770XXU2CRH1

Tizen : 3.0.0.2

Even after reset still show latest firmware.

Pls advice if any way to restore back original firmware to avoid this battery charing problem?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is definitely another overheating issue that Samsung needs to be publicized on. Place watch and base in refrigerator while charging and it will charge.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just purchased Gear S3 Frontier, and within one month the watch is showing charging problem, i tried various ways, try to charge with everything on, charging with flight mode omn, charging with power safe mode etc, and in most situation battery stops charging at 93-96% if i take battery off hook and put again after some time, it might chnage again but no guarantee

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What funny is, I have been unable to use my watch since the update because of the charging problem. It seem like Samsung introduced a charging problem after the last update. Any help!!! Samsung fix this problem

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just ran into this problem with the last update that was pushed out on 04/05/18.

Purchased the watch only 2 weeks ago.

Note that I can get to 100% by 1% increments. That's a lot of cradle watching!!! (pun intended)

Please fix this Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi there, i have an issue with my gear s3 frontier. it doesnt want to charge anymore..... its dead. i went to my cellphone company to try one of the chargers that they have on display but it didnt charge it. help please!!!! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After many weeks I have narrowed this problem down to hardware rather than software. Here are some things I experienced. About three weeks ago the watch started to turn itself off when charging and at that point charging ceased. It would almost get to full charge but then over the days it started to do this at a quicker rate. The watch was never hot during charging. I could extend charging time by doing what some others have reported, by putting it in the refrigerator. before charging but gradually this has even been diminished. It then started to turn off when I was wearing it from the heat of my wrist. Also when taking it out on a hot day it would also turn itself off. It is clear that the watch is failing to charge for one of two reasons 1. The temperature measuring circuit is faulty because the watch never feels warm when it turns itself off or 2. there is a device that gets hot during charging and use in a local area inside the watch as the watch doesn't get hot. I think that those that suggested that it was software related because it was coincident with an update were misled, unless the software has a temp routine but that wouldn't explain the progressive nature of the failing of the watch. If I start the watch and don't wear it it works perfectly from fully charged to fully discharged over three days. Come on Samsung give us a clue what's going on here.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the Gear S3 Frontier for over a year now. Never had any issues until the latest update install. It's at 19% and doesnt charge anymore. Put used 2 different charge pads and different outlets and adapters but to no avail. I put it on power save mode to save what little power I have left. Any help from the Samsung tech team?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey Followmyrealty you watch is broken. It may be the battery . See my message prior to yours. It's a temperature thing. You may get some charging if you cool the device in the fridge but it will get worse as a function of time. the heat from my wrist now shuts the watch down. If I leave it on the my desk it will run for over three days before it needs charging again. The heat from charging the battery shuts it down but you can keep restarting it by taking it off the charger (Flashing red) and putting it back on again.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are right problem is due to Hardware but why it started from previous firmwarre upgrade we had. This means Software controlling these Hardware messed up or had bug causing overall issue we face.

I am waiting for Sep patch come in by monitoring below website. Hope others also it helps as I got problem after applying Aug firware.

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R770/BRI/doc.html

I do not belienve actual hardware like battery or temp measuring spoiled. It is rather software or we call firmware managing these hard ware is having some bug introduced.

Firstly their firmware they should correct in not shutting down Gear watch because some hardware not owkring. They can just put some warning message or notification on watch for user to know it is hot. It should allow to be charged still so that user have more control on watch charging as we know that we charged 1 hour or 2 hour max to get battery running instead some sensor not working due to faulty firmware code.

Hope someone from Samsung Lab see this suggestion & help modify firmware causing battery not charge & early shutdown wrongly.