JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 06-21-2017 01:15 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

177 Replies
userDP76Tor2NG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Where exactly you have to press and hold - on the phone or on the watch? I can't make it on the watch

0 Likes
useryuGPwn9Zpm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

On phone sorry. Also i am using the samsung text app.  Also after i did the settings change. I textex myself using the watch to text

0 Likes
userwBwCfQkQhP
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
👍 thx
0 Likes
userJVWIWKDiUm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had notifications until I changed the theme on my phone then they stopped. Annoyingly I had to factory reset to fix it. Anyone else changed the theme and lose the notificatons?

userOcPHD9KgEb
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Very helpful! I changed the theme about the same time the notifications went bad. It lets a few notifications through but not many. Very undependable. Also, now it won't light up when I shake by wrist either. If Samsung endorses the different themes, then why don't they work? If I do a hard reset, can I not go back to the theme I bought? 😞

Samsung, give us a fix please!

0 Likes
user4PSbzU1YiN
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had a same problem but I turned off the watch and back on and checked the "show while using phone option" on the Samsung gear app on the phone and now it works. But I did a bunch of other stuff so I don't know exactly what I did fixed the problem.

Samsung Gear app - > notifications - > show while sing phone. 

userDk33i5lgAB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My S8+ stopped sending me text notifications a few days ago. All other notifications work. I also see the texts in my messages app on the watch, so they are being received - just no notifications.

Any fixes to this? I did notice like others that in the Gear App on the phone, there is not an option to turn off/on Messages under Notifications and I do think that option was there before.

0 Likes
userQ3hDKWEtBJ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem as well.  I had the issue a couple days ago, but a watch restart cleared it up. Now it's not working again. And why is there no "Messsages" app listed in the "Manage notifications" section of the Gear app? 

And seriously.... WHY HASN'T ANYONE FROM SAMSUNG JUMPED IN HERE YET???

0 Likes
userDk33i5lgAB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I did a factory reset on my Gear S3 which has finally cleared things up. I noticed that while connecting the S3 to the Gear App on my Galaxy S8+ that a number of S3 stock apps showed up in the Notification manager. The Messages option was missing before, but now it's back along with about 6 other missing apps.

Sucks that I had to factory reset my watch, re-install watch apps and faces, re-authorize my credit card for Samsung Pay, upload music and photos, and then reconfigure all my settings just to get text notifications to work.

Not a happy camper here.

0 Likes
user7QeaWIbQFt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue here.  No notifications for texts or emails.  BUT, it's not the watch in my opinion.   I have a Gear S3 Frontier and a Gear Fit 2.  And BOTH stopped showing notifications at the same time.

0 Likes