JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 07-03-2017 01:11 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

177 Replies
zvandiver
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just got my Gear S3 and had problems getting email notifications.  I restarted my Note 8 and now nontifications work.

0 Likes
userFl6nXF4ISR
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userW07wddYh5T wrote:
mine has done the same thing is there a fix to this

I have a question for every user here do any of you have tattoos because I'm pretty sure I have figured it out the tattoos do something to the heart rate sensor to where it blocks out the notifications I switched arms and the notifications and everything on the phone work perfectly but as soon as I go back to my left arm with my tattoos on it I get no notifications I get no heart rate sensor and and I have done this several times just to make sure and everytime it works like a charm so now I have to wear my gear S3 on my right arm which has no tattoos as I do have a sleeve on my left arm let me know what you guys think

userSTgcBp2Bus
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I logged in just to thank you for this. It was the tatoos. Thank you so much. 

@userFl6nXF4ISR wrote:

@userW07wddYh5Twrote:
mine has done the same thing is there a fix to this

I have a question for every user here do any of you have tattoos because I'm pretty sure I have figured it out the tattoos do something to the heart rate sensor to where it blocks out the notifications I switched arms and the notifications and everything on the phone work perfectly but as soon as I go back to my left arm with my tattoos on it I get no notifications I get no heart rate sensor and and I have done this several times just to make sure and everytime it works like a charm so now I have to wear my gear S3 on my right arm which has no tattoos as I do have a sleeve on my left arm let me know what you guys think

0 Likes
userHyO6o2Gewo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Had to reset my watch and all is fixed. Kind of a pain with having to add cards back in Samsung Pay, but probably was an update that couldn't replace everything running. All this wearable stuff is fairly new, only what 3 years or so old, eventually it will get better. 

0 Likes
userigHUPfY3VG
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I fixed it going throught the gear app on my phone. Make sure you app is updated mine wasn't after I updated my gear app the option was there.

0 Likes
userzaz9jZC0ed
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine actually just randomly did this glitch today. Everything was up to date. I restarted they Gear S3 and force closed the Gear Manager app. Might just be a glitch in newer updates. First time I habe experienced this though.

0 Likes
userdc22X3x5cB
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

Ok so I had the same issue as all of you, where my messages wouldnt appear on my watch when I got them.. So I rebooted (Turned OFF then turned back ON) my Gear S3 and my S8 and problem was solved!!

Sometimes we forget to do the basics...hope it helps.

userwzsDc0TRsg
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've just followed the same. Force closed the plug in and it's started working again. Was starting to panic as the factory reset didn't help my watch at all. Thanks 

@userzaz9jZC0ed wrote:

Mine actually just randomly did this glitch today. Everything was up to date. I restarted they Gear S3 and force closed the Gear Manager app. Might just be a glitch in newer updates. First time I habe experienced this though.

0 Likes
userVwnY9riEKn
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello,

I installed TEXTRA as a phone default message application.

I can not start SMS conversations in my Gear S3 (do not have message app) but can replay to message now.

Hatuey

userpZjcBvFjux
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Go in to your gear settings via your phone and make sure this switch is flipped "on".

Screenshot_20170817-204624.jpg

0 Likes