Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not showing text notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked on my S10+. Thanks

userzMpKvLREfY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got my S3'2'Days ago. It appears it only works with Samsung apps and does not allow other apps. My phone is gmail and my messages are ATT which means this piece of crap watch is worthless to me. Taking it back. Nice job Samsung. 

FamePrincess17
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had this issue, I wasn't able to get text messages and calls or missed call notifications. I started looking around in my settings on my Gear app on the phone. under notifications, text messages and calls were not on. tried to turn them on but it wouldn't let me. I then went on the settings on the watch. my number sync was somehow turned off. I turned it back on and now I'm able to turn on my text and call notifications. I fixed my problem with just turning on my number sync. check your number sync, if you have it. I have at&t. I'm not sure what other carriers have. You would have to turn on your gmail notifications in the gear app. I get my gmail notifications
userW07wddYh5T
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
mine has done the same thing is there a fix to this
zvandiver
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my Gear S3 and had problems getting email notifications.  I restarted my Note 8 and now nontifications work.

userFl6nXF4ISR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userW07wddYh5T wrote:
mine has done the same thing is there a fix to this

I have a question for every user here do any of you have tattoos because I'm pretty sure I have figured it out the tattoos do something to the heart rate sensor to where it blocks out the notifications I switched arms and the notifications and everything on the phone work perfectly but as soon as I go back to my left arm with my tattoos on it I get no notifications I get no heart rate sensor and and I have done this several times just to make sure and everytime it works like a charm so now I have to wear my gear S3 on my right arm which has no tattoos as I do have a sleeve on my left arm let me know what you guys think

Highlighted
userHyO6o2Gewo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had to reset my watch and all is fixed. Kind of a pain with having to add cards back in Samsung Pay, but probably was an update that couldn't replace everything running. All this wearable stuff is fairly new, only what 3 years or so old, eventually it will get better. 

userigHUPfY3VG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed it going throught the gear app on my phone. Make sure you app is updated mine wasn't after I updated my gear app the option was there.

userzaz9jZC0ed
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine actually just randomly did this glitch today. Everything was up to date. I restarted they Gear S3 and force closed the Gear Manager app. Might just be a glitch in newer updates. First time I habe experienced this though.

userdc22X3x5cB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

Ok so I had the same issue as all of you, where my messages wouldnt appear on my watch when I got them.. So I rebooted (Turned OFF then turned back ON) my Gear S3 and my S8 and problem was solved!!

Sometimes we forget to do the basics...hope it helps.