JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 10-16-2020 09:14 PM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

177 Replies
userwVkJeFVFYW
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have the s8 plus and gear s3 as well. Don't receive any text messages. If it doesn't get fixed I am returning the watch. 

userKrthzgNUF0
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just fixed my issue of no notifications. I went to the "Wearable app" on the phone. It says "Samsung Gear S3" at the top and I see the Batter, Storage and Ram usage. Scroll down and click on Notifications and turn all of them on. I did that and BOOM! Everything started working, now starting the process of elimination.

0 Likes
useraXrQcbmRdJ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

any solution for this issue?  My watch inconsistently shows text messages.  need watch to show every notification.  frontier watch and S8+

0 Likes
userk9bL8MbRHn
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem. No text (SMS) notification on my watch. It was working fine for abt 3 weeks, now down for 2 weeks.

Phone: S8+

Watch: S3 frontier

userbfltrbcTYA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the same problem

All my notifications are NOT showing up and the amber light does not always glow on......this is happening more often then not, it is VERY ANNOYING.    Called Samsung and they suggested to factory reset the watch......did this multiple times tired of hearing the same old fix which does not work.  HELP!

Also I set the watch face display on for 1 minute, but it goes off in 15 seconds after  I flip my wrist up.  If I hit the home button it stays on for 1 minute.   Is this the way this is to work?

Does anyone out there no how to fix these problems?

userTMEweHt4YZ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did you find the answer 

0 Likes
userIljdTytkl1
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
have u fixed your problem cause I'm having that issue
0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userIljdTytkl1

Have you had a few moments to try any of the suggestions here in this thread? They worked for some others so hopefully they will work for you too.  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
i have tried all the solutions on this thread 1. message is checked on in the notifications 2. uninstalled hangouts 3. did a hard reset 3 times on the watch 4. uninstalled and reinstalled phone app 5. updated phone app and watch app i dont know what else i can do here.
0 Likes
usernel2SBgB4q
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi there,

I am not sure it has been mentioned elsewhere in the posts. I also had the notification problem. I have a Xiaomi Mi 5. I had to set "Manage apps' battery usage" to "No restriction" for Samsung Gear and apps from which you want notifications (for instance whatsapp), and allow Autostart for Gear S Plugin, Samsung Gear, Samsung Accessory Service and apps from which you want notifications. Since then I get the notifications on my S3. I don't know if there is an equivalent in Android for non MIUI devices (the layer developed by Xiaomi for their Android based devices).  Also, it could be that I don't need all of that, but it works now.