JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 11-19-2017 11:35 AM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

177 Replies
GaryHo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Worked until I did a shutdown then once restarted no more text notifications. 

0 Likes
Toothdoc
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

mine worked for 1 hour

then back to no notifications

0 Likes
Mhopewell41
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This worked on my S10+. Thanks

0 Likes
user3hylZHtEYf
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Do you have any information on the Galaxy 46mm?  I don't get messages or have the message app on my watch. I've reset and followed your advice above with no luck.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@user3hylZHtEYf What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far in regards to your issue?

0 Likes
usercKyQN55kCM
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Did everything listed.. Freshly paired and it still doesn't work.. The watch plays the notification but does not auto wake and show notification.. 

0 Likes
Cdd3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

There is one flaw in your solution, you lose all purchased apps when you don't restore your watch!

0 Likes
userzMpKvLREfY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just got my S3'2'Days ago. It appears it only works with Samsung apps and does not allow other apps. My phone is gmail and my messages are ATT which means this piece of crap watch is worthless to me. Taking it back. Nice job Samsung. 

0 Likes
FamePrincess17
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I had this issue, I wasn't able to get text messages and calls or missed call notifications. I started looking around in my settings on my Gear app on the phone. under notifications, text messages and calls were not on. tried to turn them on but it wouldn't let me. I then went on the settings on the watch. my number sync was somehow turned off. I turned it back on and now I'm able to turn on my text and call notifications. I fixed my problem with just turning on my number sync. check your number sync, if you have it. I have at&t. I'm not sure what other carriers have. You would have to turn on your gmail notifications in the gear app. I get my gmail notifications
0 Likes
userW07wddYh5T
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
mine has done the same thing is there a fix to this
0 Likes