JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 not showing text notifications

(Topic created: 02-22-2018 06:06 AM)
Base_Word
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 Frontier stopped displaying notifications for incoming text messages.  They are listed in the messaging app, but the watch does not show new text notifications any more.  I have tried to go to settings in the Samsung Gear app, but under manage notifications (where you turn notifications on and off for various apps), "messages" is not listed, so there is not switch to turn messages on or off.  

This is not the issue where I don't have a messaging app on my Gear, because the app is still there on the watch, it is just not showing me texts and missing from the Samsung Gear app.

177 Replies
user7QeaWIbQFt
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm now receiving notifications... I had to go into "Manage notifications" in the Gear app on the phone.  A box popped up telling me to turn on the Gear app.  I did for each watch, and now it works.  That box/screen no longer appears when I go into the "Manage notifications" screen.  I'm assuming Samsung pushed some update which reset the need for permission for the Gear app to access everything.

The other problem I still have is that I can not use the watches to control volume and song skip while Pandora is running on the phone (lost this functionality same time the notifications went away).

0 Likes
userb0PFmap8mB
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

That was it for me too.  Some how it got turned off on the phone, not the watch, under Notifications, Manage Notifications, and Messages was turned off.  Easy.  How did it get turned off????

0 Likes
userFCZp6YkQSF
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Found a workaround that allowed me to turn all the greyed out notification back on.  In the Gear App in settings -> Gear Connection turn off and then back on Remote Connection.  It is almost like the phone loses connection to your samsung account and by toggling this option it allows it to reconnect and the phone and messages notifications to be turned back on and be not greyed out. 

0 Likes
breich3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It worked for me to clear the greyed out but notifications still turn off for no reason.  I enable all of them and after about a day it reduces to 3.

0 Likes
useryGARsgkaKG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I barely got my watch. Same thing. Note 8, s3 frontier. I get some messages but not all, pretty annoying since that is the reason I got my watch. My notification settings are all the way they should be, nothing greyed out. 

0 Likes
Reyatk13
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had the same problem, but I figured out what problem is...in settings make sure the tab that says "Show only while wearing Gear" is OFF...for whatever reason the watch isn't recognizing that it's being worn and therefore isn't showing your notifications....once you turn that off everything should show up regularly.

breich3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It worked for me to clear the greyed out but notifications still turn off for no reason.  I enable all of them and after about a day it reduces to 3.  Ist there some kind of data we can collect to pass along to find out what is wrong?

0 Likes
userAgWukDHYUr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm experiencing this issue as well with my text message notifications not coming through on my frontier s3 watch and need to know how it's fixed. I have performed a complete reset on the watch 3 times and the settings are all correct and my text message notifications still aren't coming through on the watch. I'm completely disappointed with Samsung about this esp since I have Samsung everything from electronics to house appliances. Hopefully there is a fix to this or I definitely will be making some changes in my future purchases. I only got the watch to use the messaging feature so now it's basically useless.

0 Likes
userit3i922rBb
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having the exact same problem. Worked for a while after I first got it, then it just stopped. No idea what caused it.

Also, wish the Samsung moderators would do more than just ask people to refer to other commenters suggestions. Can you get someone on your tech team to take a look at this issue? Persistent since mid 2017 to now it seems...

user9bpp5PNbl9
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have to be honest this is enough to take back the watch. 

I have tried each and every solution over the last 11 pages.  I am done with Samsung

@samsung978531 - This feature worked up until a week ago. I have reset my watch, Deleted the app and reloaded all items. Updated software and nothing works to get my text notifications sound back to my watch.  I hope that this is not the way you treat your customers. I have not seen a single response from support since November.  I will give you 12 hours to respond before I go to social. 

Sinceraly you dis-satisfied customer.