Just wanted to share my solution to my Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier not syncing exercise data to my Note9. It stopped working around May 20. 2020 and I have let it slide over the summer hoping for it to resolve itself. No such luck. Turned out to be a bug in the Samsung Health App (v7.11.0.061) on the phone!
This is how you can work around the bug, and hopefully, someone from Samsung will see this and submit a ticket in their bug tracking system.
This doesn't work:
(just) Uninstalling/Reinstalling Health App on the phone.
Resetting the Gear S3. I tried it like 6 times, both from the phone and buttons. Also the Recover option in the boot menu. Even though it it called a factory reset, the Gear Healt App is now part of the Watch OS, and is not restored to the initial factory version.
Anyway: this is how to restore the functionality:
1. Open the Health App on the phone.
2. Go to the Exercise -> View history.
3. Hit the three vertical dots up in the top right corner and select Delete
4. Select all execises and deleted them (if not too precious to you) ....
5. You will promtply see all missing exercises from the watch. They have been there all allong, and this is the actual bug. The App won't show old and new exercises at the same time.
6. Still not there yet .... Select and delete all the new exercises as well so that none remain.
7. Go to the App main menu, and tap the hamburger at the top left and select Settings.
8. Goto Account and syncing and start a Sync now. This will ensure that all the data on the old format is deleted on the server (there is no cloud, just somebody else's computer)
9. Uninstall the Samsung Health App on the phone, and then re-install it.
10. Manually start a few exercises on your watch and verify that they appear in the history after syncing (swipe down in the Main menu)
This did the trick for me. If it doesn't work for you, you might consider resetting your watch, but take a backup first. I did restore a backup on mine, and exercises was still updated afterwards.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would recommend reporting the symptom you are experiencing directly to our Samsung Health team at 855-795-0509 for further assistance.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.