cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 not working with Samsung Pay

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for this! Now it works....finally! I was just minutes away from selling my new Gear s3 Frontier!!! The trick was NOT to update to the latest version when the phone suggest that!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. Did you ever fix it?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This definitely worked! Did everything step by step and it actually worked on a Moto E4. Thank you so much for this!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! These steps worked for me. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks, Worked for me also.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does Samsung have a fracking clue?

The 3.0 update made my Gear S3 worthless.  12 battery life. No Samsung Pay. How could they have messed this up so bad? 

It frustrates me every time I put this watch on at 6 a.m. and lose 25% battery life by 8 a.m. . This is crazy. The only fix Samsung has offered his to send the watch and for a motherboard replacement. As if it wasn't the software update that caused the problem. My next watch and phone will be purchased from another manufacturer other than Samsung. I love my Note 8, but this gear S3 Fiasco has really soured me to Samsung products.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@dkb218 wrote:

Does Samsung have a fracking clue?

The 3.0 update made my Gear S3 worthless.  12 battery life. No Samsung Pay. How could they have messed this up so bad? 

It frustrates me every time I put this watch on at 6 a.m. and lose 25% battery life by 8 a.m. . This is crazy. The only fix Samsung has offered his to send the watch and for a motherboard replacement. As if it wasn't the software update that caused the problem. My next watch and phone will be purchased from another manufacturer other than Samsung. I love my Note 8, but this gear S3 Fiasco has really soured me to Samsung products.

In short Samsung has no clue.... send it back for the motherboard and insist the battery be replaced too, if you’ve had any issues with charging then the inductive charge stand should also be replaced, went through this same 5hit myself, only after they had performed this remedial action did my watch return to its prior performance. Worth seeing it through.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well here we are Septemeber 2018 and Samsung Pay still doesn;t work on the Gear S3.

I tried the procedure below and it didn't work. After you selct "open the bank app", login to your bank, the "verify" splash screen does not appear, it's like you just logged into your bank app. Go back to the Gear app, the card is still not verified. Trying on my S8+ it works perfectly, everytime. 

I have a case open with Samsung, they still have not contacted me. If they do not back to BestBuy for a refund. 

Anyone had any of this experience recently?

Thanks Jim

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem solved, for Canadians. Every device you wish to use Samsung Pay on must be validated by the bank, manually! Get to the choice of open app or call bank, call the bank. You need the mobile wallet banking division. They will see your CC and ask you which device you wish to be validated.  As she did this I saw my CC on my S3 go from verify to "pay". All good.