Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray

Gear S3 random Shut Down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone encountering any issues where their Gear S3 is suddenly shutting down?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 random Shut Down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your Gear S3 is shutting down randomly and the battery drain is abnormally fast, then I recommend you to replace the battery. Buy the battery from Amazon and an iFixit Kit. After I replaced mine, the random shut down and battery drain is gone!

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, have you tried resetting the device?

usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I restarted the device, factory reset it, and even tried my best to completely drain the battery to 0 percent. It still randomly shuts down.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the current software version?

usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Version 4.0.0.2

After factory resetting the watch 2 more times, it started to work properly again....not sure what is happening with the watch....

usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 week later and once again it shuts down again. I can only get it to turn on if it is on the charging dock. Wasted $325 on a useless watch......

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, at this point I would recommend a service repair on the watch. If you wouldn't mind sending me a private message here with your full model code and IMEI/Serial number I would be more than happy to get that set up for you.

usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your Gear S3 is shutting down randomly and the battery drain is abnormally fast, then I recommend you to replace the battery. Buy the battery from Amazon and an iFixit Kit. After I replaced mine, the random shut down and battery drain is gone!