cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Gear S3 random Shut Down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone encountering any issues where their Gear S3 is suddenly shutting down?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 random Shut Down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your Gear S3 is shutting down randomly and the battery drain is abnormally fast, then I recommend you to replace the battery. Buy the battery from Amazon and an iFixit Kit. After I replaced mine, the random shut down and battery drain is gone!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, have you tried resetting the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I restarted the device, factory reset it, and even tried my best to completely drain the battery to 0 percent. It still randomly shuts down.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the current software version?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Version 4.0.0.2

After factory resetting the watch 2 more times, it started to work properly again....not sure what is happening with the watch....

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 week later and once again it shuts down again. I can only get it to turn on if it is on the charging dock. Wasted $325 on a useless watch......

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, at this point I would recommend a service repair on the watch. If you wouldn't mind sending me a private message here with your full model code and IMEI/Serial number I would be more than happy to get that set up for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same issue. It is frustrating because it will power on the charger, then the battery says at least 50% left. It does this when I start new apps... Samsung Health, Samsung Pay, and now that I think about it...it only happens when I open a Samsung app. Please fix asap!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your Gear S3 is shutting down randomly and the battery drain is abnormally fast, then I recommend you to replace the battery. Buy the battery from Amazon and an iFixit Kit. After I replaced mine, the random shut down and battery drain is gone!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same Issue Here My Gear S3 is shutting down random even after replacing a new battery 😕

And when I try to charge it with the original wireless charger of the gear s3 the whole thing goes all crazy it keeps rebooting and rebooting until the wireless charger blinks in red light