cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 randomly turns off and wont turn back on unless on charger first

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me on my S3.  Turns off automatically and won't turn back on. until I reset in charger.

so frustrating.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Important: Inspect the watch and the charging dock for physical and liquid damages.

Verify the watch has been charged for at least an hour, especially when it sits unused for extended periods of time and with the charging dock specifically designed for it. For example, the Galaxy Watch will not properly charge on the Gear Sport's charging dock.

If the watch is connected to a phone and will stay powered on for a long period of time before shutting down, try perform the following. Otherwise skip to step 3.

Check for software updates using the Galaxy Wearable app. The watch must be powered on. If the watch power's off during the software initialization or install, the data may corrupt.
Verify if the watch randomly shuts down when using a certain app or when performaing a workout. Uninstall any third-party apps recently installed, including Watch faces using the Galaxy Wearable app. 
Reboot the watch. 
Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
Release the Power button completely, and then immediately begin repeatedly pressing the Power button. The Reboot Mode menu will display.
Press and release the Power button until Reboot is highlighted. (For the Galaxy Watch, select Poweroff.)
Press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, and then release. The watch will reboot.
After the watch powers on, connect it to a phone and check for Software updates. 
Perform a hard reset. All data stored on the watch will be erased. If possible, back up any data to the Galaxy Wearable app to prevent data lost.
Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
Release the Power button completely, and then immediately begin repeatedly pressing the Power button. The Reboot Mode menu will display.
Press and release the Power button until Recovery is highlighted.
Press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, and then release. The recovery process begins.
After the recovery is complete, connect the watch to a phone and check for Software update. 
If all of the above steps have been performed without resolving the issue, the watch will require service.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung,

I've just tried your method and was not successful.  My S3 kept tuning off and will not stay on to perform the recovery or to check update. The only way to make it stay on longer was to place the watch on the charge to boot up, but only for a few minutes longer.  I think after the recent upgrade, it cause this problem.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gave up on Samsung support.  Went on youtube.  Purchase a battery from Ebay.  Replaced battery for $30 with perfect instruction from youtube.  Watch has been good since.  Original battery was puffy when taken out from the watch....seems defective.  all good now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Many people are still having this issue you need to fix. We should not have to pay for something that you did. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with the watch being same age; rep at ATT suggested paying for new battery.  I had it replaced costs $80 but now watch works as it should.  I can go all day and use 30% if I actually am checking things on watch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same or similar problem here, turns itself off even if battery still over 80% then won't start again untill it's been on the charger for a few mins. Samsung support are you reading this and will give us a fix or advice or are you ignoring this on purpose?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No answer from Samsung for 5 months? Please tweet @SamsungMobile that might motivate them
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No answer from Samsung for 5 months??? Please tweet @SamsungMobile, post on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, that might motivate them

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Went to the gas station and it was working, I had just taken it off the charge so it was 100%. Went to open samsung pay while waiting in line, watch won't even turn on. I can never get it to act up in front of the tmobile people but it has been doing this for like 6 months off and on. I'm a couple months away from having it paid for completely through Tmobiles 2 year EIP. Thinking of just getting the new gear watch but so sad it doesn't have MST. Smiley Sad