cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKU5nOAfdnl
Constellation

Gear S3 randomly turns off and wont turn back on unless on charger first

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my Gear S3 Frontier this morning and ever since, along with the battery overheating issue on the charger like a lot of other folks, now the watch turns off randomly after 5 or 10 minutes, and won't turn on again unless I "reset" it by placing it on the charger until the screen comes up showing it's charging. I haven't actually seen it turn off yet so not sure if there is a message or notification beforehand. Any others have these issues or any ideas how to fix them? Thanks...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 randomly turns off and wont turn back on unless on charger first

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If a factory reset hasn't helped the symptom you'll likely need a service repair on the watch. If you would send me a private message here with your full model code and Serial number I can look into what your options are.

46 REPLIES 46
Dubay
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. Completed the update to the update with no success in solving the randomly turning off and could only restart with the Gesr S3 on its charger. I contacted Samsung Support via phone. They had me return the watch to them for repair. It came back with the older o/s Tizen 2.3.2.4. And a new battery. The S3 is working fine now and I'm being notified to update the o/s again. I'm gun shy and afraid to do it again. My Gear S3 was under warranty and repair and shipping was free.

Dubay
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userwm0x8jAbU9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup same here .sooo frustrating, looking for a fix also .Please help

userhYLFTIEW8q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.  Recently started shutting off - most annoying especially when I’m in the middle of a run and I lose my workout data.

userDBvsAJEuDh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No answer from Samsung for 5 months?? Please tweet @SamsungMobile, post on Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, that might motivate them

user33DXAR6r2d
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sam here. So frustarting. Anybody got a direct number to call?

Thanks

HalloweenMike
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same issue. The watch is a year and a half old. The battery says it has anywhere from 70% to 86% and it will just shut off. I can turn it back on most of the time with the button, but it usually shuts off right away. I put it in the charger for a bit and it can then be turned on after a bit. It just shut off and when I put it in the charger it says 80%. I can't get it to stay on without it being in the charger.

userVobI998DAa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with the watch being same age; rep at ATT suggested paying for new battery.  I had it replaced costs $80 but now watch works as it should.  I can go all day and use 30% if I actually am checking things on watch.

useraewvBcABwS
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem. Samsung as a company does not care.