JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 sensors quit after update

(Topic created: 02-24-2021 10:32 AM)
userJvs2u4JLUx
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Gear S3 Frontier, after the 4.0 update a few weeks ago, the battery drain went from charging it every 2 to 3 days to it is depleted in 10 to 12 hours. None of the sensors work, HR sensor, barometer, gyro, etc. The watch doesn't even know if I'm wearing it or not. The green lights for the HR sensor wont even come on. Diagnostics show a fail on all sensors and the sensor hub. I have reset and rebooted the watch numerous times. I have cleared the cache in the gear app on my phone (Note 5). My watch ran perfectly up to the 4.0.0.2 update and has barely been able to function as a time piece let alone a smart watch. We need a proper fix! It is not a hardware issue unless the update burned out the hardware in which case Samsung needs to be liable and repair it at no cost. We need help and a fix!

31 Replies
usery0t8e08Mje
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am really disappointed with the customer attention of Samsung.

Bought this Samsung smart watch Gear s3, which is out of warranty now.

Installed a software upgrade on 02/ 21. The green sensor and Wake Up Gesture has stopped working. Tried all possible resolution steps(Reset; Re-pairing; Advanced features Theater mode; Good Night mode) with the Samsun rep with no success.

For repair service, Samsung is asking $81 for a fault in patch that was released by Samsung. I fail to understand how come they even ask a customer to pay for a fault that was released by Samsung. 

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes