JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 sensors quit after update

(Topic created: 04-11-2019 09:46 AM)
userJvs2u4JLUx
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Gear S3 Frontier, after the 4.0 update a few weeks ago, the battery drain went from charging it every 2 to 3 days to it is depleted in 10 to 12 hours. None of the sensors work, HR sensor, barometer, gyro, etc. The watch doesn't even know if I'm wearing it or not. The green lights for the HR sensor wont even come on. Diagnostics show a fail on all sensors and the sensor hub. I have reset and rebooted the watch numerous times. I have cleared the cache in the gear app on my phone (Note 5). My watch ran perfectly up to the 4.0.0.2 update and has barely been able to function as a time piece let alone a smart watch. We need a proper fix! It is not a hardware issue unless the update burned out the hardware in which case Samsung needs to be liable and repair it at no cost. We need help and a fix!

userS5jyJ1VqYe
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi 
My watch's sensors stop working after the 4.0.0.4 update
Tried reset , factory reset , any thing I could think of

SM-R760

Software ver : R760XXU2ESG1

0 Likes
user2OBCvWlVXx
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi

i'm experience the same problem with my Gear S3 Frontier, after the 3.0 update the battery is depleted in 8 to 10 hours. I was hopping samsung will fix the problem with Tizen 4.0 but still have the same problem and the sensors are not working anymore after the 4.0 update few days ago.

Please help 

Thanks

useryUIVUXrlkT
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the exact same problem. All the sensors from my watch don't work,  and my battery drains too fast. I am pretty sure that it was because of the actualization. I have never drop my watch or hit it again something. It is not a coincidence that there are a bunch of people with the same problem. I already factory restore my watch, I unpaired from my smartphone and erased the cache, I reset it a bunch of times and nothing had worked.

0 Likes
userJvs2u4JLUx
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Their fix was to roll back the update. As soon as it updated after I got it back, it went right back to the same thing. I have no working sensors again. No gyro, no accelerometer, no hr sensor, no light sensor, nothing. Waste of time to send it back in again just to have it go bad when it updates again. I can't afford to upgrade to a galaxy watch and honestly after this I will most likely not be replacing with a Samsung watch or phone.

0 Likes
userNd6fJTrrzr
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Do you find a solution?

0 Likes
user6aFmvkhIs9
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Iam also experiencing the same problem! Please help!

0 Likes
user1IQipkAR85
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I also have the same issue, after the last update my sensors no longer work, and the battery drains in hours instead of days.   mine was updating to 4.0.0.4 that seems to have done this.   I have tried a full reset and the issue still remains. 

0 Likes
user6jJbcJka7M
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I feel like being cheated by Samsung.
We provided an wrong upgrade, but over the past 1 year they didn't apologize to us and there was no respond.

We spent money but received it as a lie.

0 Likes
userZDMgX0GE8V
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi there, I put a post on about a temporary solution. That I found by accident that if you put your watch into "Watch Mode", where it just tells the time. Give it a few minutes. Then turn your watch back on, all the sensors work. This lasted about a week, then...unfortunatly my watch reverted back to the sensors not working. Which is so frustrating as it was like a different watch when it was all working.  Since then its not worked. Hopefully this might help someone work out, if there is a connection with the watch turning something off in watch mode to sort this out. I came from a Huawei sports 2, and to be honest i sort of wish i had stayed as at least the sensors worked on that. This could be a great watch if the sensors worked. Come on Samsung.....please help.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes