cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanxsquad
Asteroid

Gear S3 turns on but then turns off immediately.

I've had this watch for a while now however I don't use it often. Lately, I've experienced a big issue where it will turn itself off immediately after turning it back on. I've rebooted it as well as tried the recovery option. When I turn the phone on, it recognizes the watch however it does not automatically connect to the watch because I've rebooted it. But before I can even connect the watch to my S9, it turns off again. Does anyone know anyway to fix this? It is fully charged however this issue still exists so I imagine it could be a battery issue. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 turns on but then turns off immediately.

Give this a try: Turn your watch on while on the charger? Do you still experience the watch immediately rebooting?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, just wanted to touch base. Are you still experiencing these symptoms?

Vanxsquad
Asteroid

Yes

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this link a shot.

Vanxsquad
Asteroid

Ok, so after retrying rebooting the watch on the charger again, it works. However, the watch battery seems to drain incredibly quickly even when on the charging dock. It was at 93% prior to pairing but now after pairing it has dropped to 91%. This was over the span of just a couple minutes. 

Vanxsquad
Asteroid

The watch seemed to work fine for a minute after being removed from the charging dock however died shortly after. It still is charged to 91% however it just randomly shuts down. 

ArizonaMTB
Constellation

I'm suffering the same issue since the last update. Never had a problem till the T-mobile update on 8-8-19.

Battery was replaced a few months ago. Pulled off charger at 100% but randomly shuts off and won't turn back on unless its charging. 

Thousands of complaints about this latest update, do they even test before they push out an update or are we the guinea pigs?