cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernEUTak7ma7
Constellation

Gear S3 will not remotely connect to S9+ over Wifi

My Gear S3 stopped remotely connecting through Wifi with my S9+ a little while back (a month or so?).  I have tried uninstalling all of the related apps on my phone, clearing phone cache, and factory resetting the watch (all multiple times and in different orders), but it will still only connect by bluetooth.  I have been advised to have it sent in for inspection / repair, but I don't really understand why; my watch connects to Wifi with no issues (I have confirmed this by using the browser in standalone mode).  It seems like more of a software or server issue to me that is preventing communication between the devices outside of bluetooth, but I don't know what else to do.  

I wish I had paid more attention to when it started happening to try to narrow things down more, but I travel frequently for work and unfortunately everything starts to blend together.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just bite the bullet, send it in, be without a watch for a few weeks, and hope they can somehow fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 will not remotely connect to S9+ over Wifi

@usernEUTak7ma7 Thank you for reaching out. Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

usernEUTak7ma7
Constellation

SM-R770

R770XXU2ESE3

Bluetooth

Paired to an S9+ with android version 9

usernEUTak7ma7
Constellation

Is there any update on this?  I am still having this issue.

usernEUTak7ma7
Constellation

Well I just got an update to my watch and installed it hoping it would correct the issue, but now it won't even connect to any Wifi networks.  I get an authentication error even though my other devices all connect with no issues, and even on open networks.

I thought people were exaggerating when they say that samsung tries to fix one thing with a software update and breaks 2, but it is starting to look pretty accurate.

Frustrating.