cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yardman
Constellation

Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Floor count is incorrect depending on how you climb the stairs and how quickly you climb.

For example:  Just now I climbed 3 floors (4 times) skipping a stair each time (I did quickly) and gear sport only counted 1 floor.  If I go up 3 floors quickly stepping on each stair,  gear sport might count 2 or 3 floors, but if I go at moderate space, gear sport will count 3 floors every time.

I am on my second watch and the behavior is consistent.

155 REPLIES 155
Supernova

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I know how frustrating it is to have your fitness tracker be inaccurate. Would you mind shedding some light on to what you are connecting your Gear Sport to?

Have you checked to make sure that your Gear Sport is up to date in the Gear app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

yardman
Constellation

Yes I have latest updates for the apps and firmware on the gear.

Gear is connected to HTC u11.

userLS7DEwj6GU
Astronaut

I am having the same issue. I have a Gear Sport connected to a Pixel 2. My software is all up to date. Not only does it not count floors properly, but it doesn’t seem to recognize basement stairs at all. If it’s going to be inaccurate, it would be nice to have the ability to manually enter stairs. 

userqRFc9NbliX
Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count not correct

I am connecting to my Samsung S7 edge.  At first my watch worked correctly, but has since become completely inaccurate.  I have made sure the wrist placement is correct and know that the watch counts 10 steps as a floor.  I look at the watch while doing stairs and watch the count go up to 2 floors then the count changes right back to zero?!

userQeEVlDAgY3
Constellation

Watched told me i was 4 flights short of 10. It took me 8 flights just to get 4 down(first two not even counted). Not really what I would call accurate. 

SamsungIssac
Cosmic Ray

If anyone in the community has found a workaround or fix for this please share! 

userL2lZBHurwH
Asteroid

I haven't found a workaround for this yet.  It seems the Barometer/Altmeter is the key here.  It may just be as accurate as we need.  Everything I see is that 1 flight of stairs is 10ft difference in altitude.  I think engineers need to change this to a +/-  10%  for calculating floors.

userJEJW66LI0m
Constellation

THIS GUY'S RIGHT:

If attitude is out of sync that is CAUSE & RESOLUTION til Samsung rolls out fix ( i.e. 4 lefties watchface orientation that gear fit had...)

Sport is 3rd samsung smart xx owned. 1st with stair tracking. HOWEVER not 3rd smartwatch/ fitness tracker I've tried/ had/returned/exchanged.

Couldn't find a way 2 auto sync alt. diff than auto setting of every 6hrs. Mine showed me -135ft...so either S Health don't credit stair climbing u do below sea level... or make certain that app's altitude value hasn't gone wanky.

Some may think you've done i.e. 4 "flights" in a stairwell but even best rated fit trackers think i.e. in an office building 1 floor =1 flight

userTkjkCMuPip
Constellation

I'm having the same issue with my new Gear Sport connected to my new Samsung S9+   ... very annoying and frustrating.  I climbed 28 floors at a slow pace to only get fraction of that like 8 floors counted only.  What can we do ? ok at least how can I edit this count in my tracker and my Samsung Health app records ?