Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

kwagners
Cosmic Ray

Sorry @SamsungJace, but that link has absolutely no bearing on why this $250-300 watch can't properly count floors.

@SamsungJace wrote:

Check this out; http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=1000706&modelname=SM...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, just following up to see if you need any assistance?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Well, it’s been counting my floors these past few days. Usually it will just count the first floor then stop but I’ve gotten 2 or 3 which I have actually did. So ill keep monitoring it. I haven’t don’t any trouble shooting so I’m wondering if it just stops then works again? I dunno. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. 

kwagners
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungJace wrote:

Hello, just following up to see if you need any assistance?

@SamsungJace- I can't speak for everyone, but we'd love to have the issue fixed!

Also, (and for @SamsungMichelle too) my info is as follows:
Model: SM-R600
Software version: R600XXU1ARE2

It's completely up to date. Connected to an HTC 10 (not that the inability of the watch  to count floors properly has any bearing at all over what type of phone it connects to).

userPrFiWX4djP
Constellation

It never counts stairs  I go up & down stairs 9 to 10 times a day, but it never counts more than 1 floor if at all ! Mostly 0 stairs read 

userAiDByT8nby
Constellation

+1 for floor counter not working.  I have a 2 story house and have never gotten credit for a flight of stairs.   Only thing left to try is to start in the basement and climb two flights of stairs and see if it records a flight that way.

userlpx0Nqy1d8
Constellation

Same here, connected to a Samsung S8.

It says it should count it if you climb 3 meters. Floors in my home are lower than that (approx. 2,7 meters), but even when climbing 2 floors it doesn't count any from time to time.

Is there any update regarding a software update that will fix this issue? Maybe even have a configurable elevation level per floor?

Supernova

I really appreciate all of the detail you've provided, @userlpx0Nqy1d8, would you mind providing us with some information about your device?

* Model Number

* Software Version

This will help us get a better idea of which devices are seeing this behavior.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlpx0Nqy1d8
Constellation

Hi Trevor,

below are all the details I could find:

Samsung Galaxy S8
Android: 8.0.0
Samsung Experience: 9.0
Sumsung Gear: 2.2.20.17113061
Gear S Plugin: 2.2.03.18031451

Samsung Gear Sport (SM-R600)
Tizen: 3.0.0.1
Software: R600XXU1AQK4

Hope this helps to speed up the time to fix.

Let me know if you need any additional info!