cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usera4XpI59ebc
Astronaut

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

Bought the gear sport a week back just won't count the floors it's not just frustrating what's more frustrating several users have complained about it since Jan yet u have no fix and continue to sell the watch with no fix and by the looks of it after page 4 u have gone to hiding under a rock
Kyle94
Asteroid

If it helps at all, I talked to a Mod and he said that they are looking into a fix and hope to have it out soon. Now whether or not soon is 2 week or 2 months, I have no clue. Hopefully one does come though.

I really want to get the sport, but may have to go with the Fitbit Iconic if this is going to be an issue. However, I really want to stick with the Samsung ecosystem. I hear S Health is the best app out there and when I did some research this morning, I saw a lot of people complaining about the Fitbit app because the last update broke everything. 

It's so frustrating trying to decide on what to do, but at least I haven’t spent any money yet. You guys are who I feel bad for. Having a broken watch for almost 5 months has to be extremely frustrating. Let's hope Samsung gets this fixed asap. 

user2MOXDqGszP
Constellation

Has this issue been fixed yet. I have not been able to get my gear sport to count a single floor!

userTw7iDFaezj
Constellation

High watch keeps track of my steps but not of the floors
Supernova

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to see if you needed any other help with your device. I hope you have a great weekend!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrHDG1e9rBL
Astronaut

I have the gear sport and I am connecting to a samsung note 8. I walk up 10 to 12 flights every day and my watch only tracks at most 6. 

I have checked and everything is up to date. 

userL2lZBHurwH
Asteroid

I am seeing the same inconsistent behavior as well.  I have tried a full reset made sure everything is up to date.  Even manually configured the barometer.  Still same issue with floors.

Supernova

Thanks so much for verifying that for us, I'd like to look into this further. How long have you noticed this behavior?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqRFc9NbliX
Constellation

Stair count isn't working properly.

I just bought my sport gear and love with the exception of the step counter.  At first it worked then I started noticing inconsistency.  I'll do three stairs and only get one count.  I watched the the counter as I was doing stairs and it went up to 4, then all the sudden I watched it go to one!?  Hope an update or patch will fix this.  Very disappointing for such a cool sport smart watch.

userXCZneDmyMP
Constellation

I have had the same exact issue. I walk up and down stairs all day every day, indoor, basement for a store. Rarely do i have more than two flights of stairs registered and i could walk up them 100 times a day. Outdoors in trails It works a little better.

I use my watch standalone, and i often use it in Airplane mode.  Would that matter?

Another question, in the Samsung health app when transferring data over to my phone I never see elevations? Is that only calculated when using the phone during an activity