cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNa7siVqjAa
Constellation

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I purchased the Samsung Sport watch 2 days ago. Not a single flight of stairs has been counted. I expect most manufactures and software engineers haven't figured this out. My wife has had a couple of Fitbits and a Garmin. They also were spotty at best. My Samsung Sport os very good at everything else. Would like for this t work too. Using a Galaxy S7. 

2BeJustMe
Astronaut

Yes, won't count floors consistently!  Please send out a patch or something. Would love it if my activity tracker actually tracked my activity!

userNdBDokdrMv
Constellation

I would also like a fix for this. I have had my watch for exactly one week, everything is fully updated, it is paired with my Samsung phone, and it will not correctly track my levels. I put in over 20 levels in my two-story house yesterday and the Gear Sport only tracked 2 (one of which was early in the morning before I even went upstairs). I just tried the "crouching before/raising arm up after" trick and it finally recognized a level. That was even after going up our bigger flight of stairs to the bonus room. 

userASTRO
Astronaut

I currently  have my gear sport connected to an S9+ and am having this same issue

user94DQLzZsLV
Astronaut

Mine is connected to a galaxy phone and not counting stairs at all and steps seem to only be counted once in awhile. 

Supernova

@user94DQLzZsLV: Can I get the full model number and the software version of the device? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Ok mine stopped again. This is very frustrating.

userTsKVgvMi23
Constellation

+1 brand new sport it counts floors 15% of the time.

Food for thought: how many samsung employees does it take to fix floor counter?

And yes to any samsung employee the replies to me. My watch is up to date, every app is up to date. Have tried restart, complete battery depletion then full charge and try again. I'm using galaxy s8 which is up to date.

NEWS FLASH: ITS YOUR SOFTWARE.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Mine was counting floors flawlessly this past week. Hope it stays that way. I really do like this watch but it seems quite unreliable. Features such as auto detect and floor counting seems to work off and on. Now, it’s my auto detect that has stopped working and some battery issues. If this watch worked 100% all the time, I would love this watch. But I’m much happier with this watch than my Fitbit. 

Update: I must’ve jinx myself. Today my gear sport didn’t count any of my floors. It’s still at 0 😫

Samsung Care Ambassador

This is so frustrating. Today my gear sport didn’t count any of the stairs I climbed. Why would it work great one day and then not work at all? Samsung, this really needs to be fixed. I just can’t understand the inconsistency on the floor counts. I know it works because the other day it counted all the floors I climbed.