cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkiQmfsqWFj
Astronaut

Re: Gear Sport Floor Count no correct

I am on my second gear sport. Its connected to my galaxy s7. Same problem. I watched the altimeter and it is so slow to register it won't track!

MikeS1971
Asteroid

Mine is still doing pretty good.

Counted 56 floors. 

userJYPj6FOgKL
Astronaut

I called support today about this issue. Said floors are not being registered when I go up and down the stairs. Support said "So you would like to register your device?" ha!

Then she wanted me to reset the watch and erase all the data, which I told her 30 seconds ago that I did.

Then she said send it in for repair. About 2 weeks turn around. No recognition of all the complaints about this.

What we know: raising your hand above your head when you get to the top set usually works.

Solution: change 10ft (3m) to 7.5 ft (for those of us with lower ceilings). Done. Yes, some will get a little more credit for floors but we at least will get credit. It's been a year of complaints. Change it already!

MikeS1971
Asteroid

LOL. Wanting Samsung to change an internationally accepted unit of measure of a floor. Let's see if Craftsman to change their tape measures so 11 inches equals a foot instead.

If anything  you don't want Samsung to change what a measurement floor is, but how it calculates that floor. They should cheat, like FitBits do. 

kwagners
Cosmic Ray

@userJYPj6FOgKL wrote:

Solution: change 10ft (3m) to 7.5 ft (for those of us with lower ceilings). Done. Yes, some will get a little more credit for floors but we at least will get credit. It's been a year of complaints. Change it already!

The problem is that the Samsung Sport  doesn't even count 10ft/3m correctly.  As some of us have stated previously, we can climb 3+ stories of stairs in commercial properties (where the ceiling height is usually much higher than in homes) and *maybe* get it to register ONE flight of stairs.

useretbPOAmNQO
Astronaut

I have the Samsung s9 plus connected  and it doesn't register  me going upstairs if I go in the loft it registers as 2 floor in reality this is 2 floors.

Considering I usr the loo rather a lot ad I have a bowel problem it is frustrating because  it makes all the other data  connected  to it such as calories  used distance etc

userpi62hYH8Rl
Constellation

My watch is also not counting floors. Im connected to a LG 6+

userpi62hYH8Rl
Constellation

usersilE0H9V5I
Constellation

This seems to be a problem endemic to Samsung devices. Possibly the altimieter sensor they use. My new Gear Fit 2 Pro fails to count flights of stairs about half the time. And it doesn't accurately reflect hills as stairs, either. I walked up a hill this evening that my Fitbit always recognized as 2 "floors." The Gear Fit didn't count any floors at all.

Given how long this thread has been active, it doesn't seem as if Samsung is interested in doing anything about it.
MikeS1971
Asteroid

@usersilE0H9V5I wrote:
This seems to be a problem endemic to Samsung devices. Possibly the altimieter sensor they use. My new Gear Fit 2 Pro fails to count flights of stairs about half the time. And it doesn't accurately reflect hills as stairs, either. I walked up a hill this evening that my Fitbit always recognized as 2 "floors." The Gear Fit didn't count any floors at all.

Given how long this thread has been active, it doesn't seem as if Samsung is interested in doing anything about it.

There's nothing to fix. It's actually working as intended. Just because the FitBit is counting floors as you see as correct, doesn't mean that it's doing it correctly. FitBits will give you floors climbed no matter how slow you do it or if you even complete a full floor at one time. Samsungs algorithm actually seems you make you exercise to achieve a floor. 

I too had FitBits before the Samsung and was annoyed how it counted floors. Now I actually prefer it. I'd rather earn that floor than be cheated into thinking I falsely achieved a goal.