cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWGyTmjU4sk
Astronaut

Re: Gear Sport Wrist Rash

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have also had this problem ever since I bought my Gear Watch in November 2018. I have switched wrists, tightened and loosened the strap and still end up with a burn. I have even had layers of skin taken off and a blister appear from wearing the watch. Why is your strap causing this much damage to my body? I had a Fitbit for 2 years before switching to Samsung and I never had an skin reactions with their straps. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

useryaWBNXaUgN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the Gear Sport for my son for Christmas.  He now has a big red burn mark and rash under the band. I called Customer Service today and was told so sorry.  They have had no reports of this being an issue and we would need to buy a different band.  Just search bands on the website. I told her there were plenty of reported issues in the blogs on their website.  Not happy that our $180 watch cannot be worn.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance, Can you send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

First and Last name:
Property Address:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate Phone Number:
Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userOYknSLaZ4l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same issues.  It does look like some sort of burn took place. My cousin has experienced the same issue. I called to report the issue. They told me don't wear it too tight and not to let it get wet. Blah blah.

I had the previous gear watch and never had this issue at all. I was very upset. They said they would send me a replacement band, which did not happen. It has been a month and I was told it would be 7 to 10 days. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

user0mdVPFJVuM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same problem . Galaxy 46mm watch.  Right where the "Galaxy Watch " lettering is. This is ridiculous for an expensive watch1551305935556930871052361188439.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns. Can you send us a private message with the below information here:

Model code and Serial number

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user20TPjKXcPq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been wearing my watch since Dec 2017. Started having same rash/burn. Thought it wac contract demertist. Switched bands bought silicone protecter switched side.. now both sides have it. Love my watch.. so sad i cant wearing it.. I'm also an EMT so having a watch is vital to patient care.

Charbacca
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I too am have the exact same problem. I have no allergies and have never had a problem with watch bands before. I also have a GearFit 2 and I don't have a problem with that band, only the one on the Gear Sport. My entire skin under it turns red and starts to peel like you get with a chemical burn. I shouldn't be expected to have to buy a different band when I spent so much money to purchase the watch already.