Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bmorrissey
Constellation

Gear Sport no longer getting notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the redundancy here, but my Gear Sport no longer receives notifications. I have tried everything - resetting the watch, uninstalling and reinstalling all Samsung apps on my phone (OnePlus 6), setting up Bluetooth over and over, and nothing is working. My watch is connected to my phone via Bluetooth and syncs all data to my phone just fine. It's just that notifications from my phone apps are not going to my watch. I can't figure it out. All software and hardware are up to date. Any personalized suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Sport no longer getting notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link shot. It should help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link shot. It should help.

View solution in original post

userCqznzNtcFz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my Gear Sport and Note 9. So, how do you fix it? The link doesn't seem to work. Thanks. 

userMwc3Lj6NJ8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a galaxy  8 plus. I had a Motorola turbo 2 before the new samsung. I received text notifications  on my gear with no problem . No longer receiving text notifications.  It work ed from 300 PM to 900 PM the first day and then I have been having nothing but problems. Any advice

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMwc3Lj6NJ8 Have you tried forgetting the watch on the S8+ and repairing the devices together? Have you attempted to reset the watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVWdDVXhojs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this is the solution... Is there an actrive link available? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a try.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userTdwVUzgptU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happens to me every so often. It can be very frustrating. But my solution is very simple : restart the phone. Seems that the Samsung software (on the phone) they provide is either buggy or not super compatible with phones other than their own. Once I restart my phone (LG) , notifications are back and all is well . 

userTdwVUzgptU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Another option is to force - stop the galaxy software app and restart it again.