JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear fit 2 heart rate not working after software update

(Topic created: 07-17-2018 09:19 AM)
userFi6pefzYi4
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

After the softwear update my gear fit 2 heart rate monitor only gives error messages during heart rate checks. It also no longer automatically tracks the heart rate when I am still. Both green lights appear to be functional and the sensor is clean. A reset has not helped. 

user1CWJUwEZ0H
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This did not help unfortunately

0 Likes
usergWs0SksDA5
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine isn't working either. 

0 Likes
userHMoJLCVtD7
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Hr monitor is still working but since the update my gear fit 2 isn't recognising floors and also when carrying out any exercise the calorie counter is now only saying I am using half the calories of what I was using before the update

0 Likes
userElrW6WgWrb
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

i have the same problem.. mine is pseudo-working (showing live graphs) for about 1 minute but will not give a reading... hope fully samsung can address this issue... although i can still read my heart rate by using the watch face with a heart logo.. thats the only thing working... 

0 Likes
userqz46moZl9m
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Nearly a year later, my four month old Gear fit 2 pro is not reading heart rate like all of these others. I've reset it twice this morning to no resolution.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you attempted to clear the cache and data on the Samsung health app on your phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, just following up to see if you need any assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqz46moZl9m
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I definitely could. I have not been successful in applying your suggestion.

Also, the face does not "wake up" when I turn my wrist anymore.  And the green lights do not flash on the back. 

0 Likes
userqz46moZl9m
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Thank you. Unfortunately, these links seem to be much more applicable to someone new to the device and unfamiliar with it. To summarize my experience, for no known catalyst (no recent update, catastrophic or other known damage, etc. ) My gear fit 2 has stopped "waking up " (it is activated), stopped being able to monitor heart rate (and the sensor lights have ceased flashing) , previously (in the week or two before) the heart rate was reading wildly inaccurately (very high), and the weather app would not accept the location.
0 Likes