cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userToL0sINzOJ
Constellation

Gear fit 2 pro always turning off

Yesterday while I was swimming my watch turned off, then I could turn it on and wear it until the end of the practice (approximately 1h). Yet, when I got home things got worst. 

It turned off again, and, even though I had 70% of battery, I could only turn it back on when it was connected to the charger. I let it charge until the battery was full, but the problem remained, it I wear it, after a few minutes it would shut down and would only turn on if in charge. Then it started rebooting whenever I turned it on. 

I reseted the configurations of the watch, cleaned the app cache on my phone, I even tried to wear it without being connected to the smartphone. But it keeps turning off and only on when charging... 

Any ideas about how to solve this? 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear fit 2 pro always turning off

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• model number
  • IMEI number
userTTIBDqah6s
Constellation

The same thing is happening to my tracker, and it's less than 18 months old. I've reset the watch, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, rebooted, you name it. It also randomly stops tracking steps and won't do a HR. Super-unhappy here, I should get way more life out of something I spent $199 on. I really hope you can provide some help beyond the "Send it in and for $70, we'll tell you if we can fix it." I am an avid runner and gym-goer and I need to know soon if I should just throw this thing away and buy another brand, or if you'll help with your product, which is obviously suffering a very common defect. Thank you. 

programrunner
Astronaut

I have the same problem.  My phone shuts off only after a few minutes of being on.  I can get it to restart each time, but why is it shutting off after only a few seconds or minutes.  It charges fine, a full complete charge.  I've only had it now for a few months and the last month has been a disaster with it constantlt turning off.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

userIyOx4oAqhi
Constellation

Yes, I did it this morning. Went for a run this afternoon and it shut off again.

userIyOx4oAqhi
Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing. It randomly shuts off during a workout. No other time just during workouts.

usercTwoERERRu
Astronaut

Hello, I have same problem. Any suggestion? I bought it 2 weeks ago and keeps turning off 

userkSi4CKpAaD
Astronaut

I am having the same problem. Started happening while swimming, and now it turns itself off every few minutes or hours, still has plenty of battery life.