cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gear fit 2 pro stopped tracking steps and HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Used chat. It was less than a year old, as all gear fit 2 pro's probably still are. It was released around the same time as the Note8
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-R365

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Gear fit 2 pro stopped tracking steps
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue since somewhere october / december last year.

Step tracking has stopped working most of the time and whenever I try to launch a workout, the screen goes black and the workout doesn't start. Besides all this, on the rare occasions when I do get it to work (More on that below), it seems the floor tracking is off the charts. Even when I don't climb any floors during my use, I can easily get up to 22 floors in about 10 minues of walking on flat surfaces.

Over the past months I've noticed that I can get it to work randomly whenever the gear is completely drained and charged again. Alas that only seems to work for a limited period of time as after a day or 2 it stops working again. Normal charges don't do anything to resolve the issue and the drain-charge workaround that I had earlier doesn't seem to work consistently either. 

Today I've finally tried a reset, but even though it did start counting steps and the workout app worked just fine again, it seems to be showing the same buggyness (weird floor tracking) and judging from this, there's a big chance it's going to stop working again in a day or 2.

For info:

-Model number: SM-R360
- Software: R360XXU1DQJ3

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like mine flaked out Fri 3/23/18 - not long after a software update. Steps, HR & Sleep not tracking. Have cleaned contacts, turned off/on - no change, only thing I am getting is calories.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I faced the same issue. I bought my Gear Fit2 Pro in November in India. It was working fine.

On Saturday 7th April, 2018 it did not wake up once while cycling but was fine after that.

On 9th April it stopped waking up.

Today on 11th, I realized it has stopped counting steps and floors and HR.

I tried a lot of things and settings. I do not want to lose data by resetting it.

Model Number - SM-R365

Software Version - R365XXU2BRB2

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4/11/18 - Unfortunately I’ve been dealing with this for several months also. Yesterday’s update did not help. I’ve even resorted to complaining about the app in attempts to get some response from anyone at Samsung. They told me to go to corporate and complain. I have the regular fit2 and have really enjoyed it over the couple different fitbits I’ve owned. Sad to see Samsung basically go the same route as my fitbits, into storage in my sock drawer. 

I also tried the GPS trick mentioned below a few months back with no success. 

4/14/18 - Update

Since my post from Wednesday I did a factory reset, turned it OFF (not soft reboot) then ON and drained the battery until it would not boot. Recharged, and it has worked properly ever since. Going on three days. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was working perfectly for about 6 month. Usually had the experience, that new updates would cause minor inconvenience, but nothing we couldn't handle. But this time, they Samsunged it up like pros. I nailed it down to that stupid Gear Fit update they threw out. So this time it's not the fault of the Cell Phone or App engineer section. But that being said, I'm entirely sure, some other things got messed up on phones and Shealth as well, that we haven't even figured yet.

Roll back on that stupid update of yours, because that's the source of all problems. Multi training feature? Wwhat the Samsung? I'm a triathlet, and I would never use your crappy wristband to document my trainings. Nothing a stop watch and Google maps couldn't do better. The only valid reason to keep the Gear Fit 2 on my wrist during trainings, was the constant, and up until now, very reliable heart rate tracking function. But since that, in combination with steps, and sleep being messed up, the whole purpose of the gear fit 2 is gone. Only thing I can use it from here, is to throw it into garbage. Thanks for enhancing my customer experience Samsung. I'm indeed very much grateful, for your continous and ingenuit inovations. Your engineers must be top of the branch for sure.

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I had the same problem, but the solution is very simple.
Just turn on the GPS for a while or start the "walk" training with the GPS enabled (only a few steps), then turn off the GPS (training and GPS off to save the battery).
After that everything started to work correctly. Cheers!. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem with my Gear Fit2 Pro. Only counting half my steps or some times none at all. Tried a soft reset, hard reset, turning on GPS, a "force stop" on my gear's "steps" app. Nothing is working. I thought Samsung was better than this.