JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear fit 2 pro stopped tracking steps and HR

(Topic created: 06-27-2018 11:33 AM)
kitza
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I bough gear fit 2 pro from Samsung Shop Thailand since November. It's work properly until yesterday. While I running with gear fit, GPS not work so I reset gear. After reset It can not track step and HR but GPS still working. It has one more problem that it can't use motion to wake screen.

Model: SM-R365

Software Version: R365XXU2BQJ4

137 Replies
user07iY7BMgR2
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the same problem as everyone else. 

Nothing mentioned before works. 

0 Likes
userxWZUDaw1jq
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My gear fit2 pro also stopped tracking steps and HR few days back.

And also nothing mentioned here before works...

0 Likes
userJe81Ogqd8R
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

all your suggestions are not working.

Is this what samsung can offer?

0 Likes
userJe81Ogqd8R
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

even the latest update did not help

0 Likes
1_Former_User
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I bought my Gear Fit2 Pro at the end of May 2018.
Model #SM-R365
Software version R365XXU2CRC7

This morning (19 Sep. 2018), I was puzzled when I realised that the Gear has not recorded my Sleep Time.
It stopped counting my steps at 379.
Then I noticed that the green Heart Rate light at the back of the Gear had stopped working as well.

I have rebooted the Gear.
I have done a factory reset.
I have done a deeper factory reset (as mentioned by TechManiacHD on pg 8)
I have checked the Gear App on my Samsung phone.
I have tried the various tricks suggested on this thread (GPS on; GPS off; reboot; reset; disable Auto-Detection...) but nothing has made the slightest improvement.
My Gear Fit2 Pro was working when I went to bed last night, then it stopped working: no step count, no heart rate measurement, no sleep register. I can start an Exercice, but there is no record of heart rate or steps, and the Gear works as an expensive stopwatch.

As the device is still under guarantee (2 years from purchase date) I have contacted Samsung Assistance and they are arranging for a 'trip' to the repair shop.

I was 'annoyed' when the Dynamic Workout auto-detection would not stop and drained the battery. This was inconvenient and 'annoying', but I could still use the Gear.
Now the Gear Fit2 Pro does not even count steps, which is its most basic function, and I am furious, and exasperated, and so, so very disappointed.
I have no idea how long the 'repair' will take, or even if it will hold. If this is indeed a software problem, a repair will not fix it.

I feel I can no longer trust or rely on this device and judging from this thread (and from the Dynamic Workout thread), Samsung do not seem to want to do much more than offer a place for their customers to vent about their defective products.

userMYuTpZomTB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This is getting ridiculous, still no update or anything of official communication... Get your act together Samsung.

This thread is also marked as solved, it isn't.

0 Likes
user1GpS54q1Vh
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here. I had mine for 6 months. Never got wet or even dropped. One day after an update it just stopped working. Really poor quality. I did all the reset and restart nonsense which was suggested. Nothing worked. Gave a feedback ti samsung but no reply

0 Likes
user4vEVcAjOXN
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Actually It has happened to me twice. The first one I bought got into the problem when I was 2 days old so I got a new one. It has been working fine since Febuary until 3 days ago when I started to mess up every sensor it has.

If there is no way to fix this. This is gonna be the last time I bought a Samsung product. I used to be a Sam fan before.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@user4vEVcAjOXN I hate to hear that you are having issues with your Gear Fit Pro 2. Here is some troubleshooting and please let us know if this does not help:

user4nJL3AETjB
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Samsungangel, you are kidding right with your suggested tech support?

None of us have recieved any tech support from Samsung in any way shape or form. I have tried several attempts and get the same reply, no reply. The only thing that fixes it, albeit temporarily, is to completely discharge and recharge. This problem has nothing to do with the software updates either, a close friend has the same problem with hers and she has never linked it to wifi to update to the current software.

0 Likes