JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear fit 2 pro stopped tracking steps and HR

(Topic created on: 1/15/18 8:58 PM)
kitza
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I bough gear fit 2 pro from Samsung Shop Thailand since November. It's work properly until yesterday. While I running with gear fit, GPS not work so I reset gear. After reset It can not track step and HR but GPS still working. It has one more problem that it can't use motion to wake screen.

Model: SM-R365

Software Version: R365XXU2BQJ4

JUMP TO SOLUTION
137 Replies
user6esaO9VNV7
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had thae same problem.  first the Gear Fit2 Pro stopped tracking Heart Rate.  Next it stopped tracking sleep.  On the next day it stopped using GPS and stopped tracking distance of walking workout - it only tracked duration.  I sent the device to Samsung for repair because they told me that they don't do replacements.  I got the watch on May 9, 2018 and it quit working on September 12, 2018.  For a device that cost what this thing did, 4 months is not an acceptable operation time.

I received the "repaired" Gear Fit2 Pro on September 25, 2018.  the Gear Fit2 Pro worked for less than a week before the GPS quit working again and the device stopped tracking distance of walking workouts.

At this moment, I have been on "hold" for the "proper department" at Samsung Support for 45 minutes.  This is after the first "technician" dropped my call and I had to start the process all over again.

So, the device worked for 4 months when it was brand new.  It worked for a week when it had been repaired.

There are many instances in this Help Community of the exact same issue.  Clearly, there is a faulty design and manufacturing issue with the Gear Fit2 Pro.

Samsung needs to recall the product and either refund the purchase or replace it with a brand new model.

This is absolutely ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

userGiJoe51r9K
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I wish I found this out before I bought 2 of these that are no longer working. If they send it back as replaced motherboard I am going to ask for my money back.

@user6esaO9VNV7 wrote:

I had thae same problem.  first the Gear Fit2 Pro stopped tracking Heart Rate.  Next it stopped tracking sleep.  On the next day it stopped using GPS and stopped tracking distance of walking workout - it only tracked duration.  I sent the device to Samsung for repair because they told me that they don't do replacements.  I got the watch on May 9, 2018 and it quit working on September 12, 2018.  For a device that cost what this thing did, 4 months is not an acceptable operation time.

I received the "repaired" Gear Fit2 Pro on September 25, 2018.  the Gear Fit2 Pro worked for less than a week before the GPS quit working again and the device stopped tracking distance of walking workouts.

At this moment, I have been on "hold" for the "proper department" at Samsung Support for 45 minutes.  This is after the first "technician" dropped my call and I had to start the process all over again.

So, the device worked for 4 months when it was brand new.  It worked for a week when it had been repaired.

There are many instances in this Help Community of the exact same issue.  Clearly, there is a faulty design and manufacturing issue with the Gear Fit2 Pro.

Samsung needs to recall the product and either refund the purchase or replace it with a brand new model.

This is absolutely ridiculous and totally unacceptable.

userGcM2l9hOeJ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
First time this happened to my watch they repaired it and told me they had to replace the main board. It's been about 5 months now and the sensors have all stopped working again. Won't be getting another one. I'll be going back to the retailer with my compliant as the retail laws here in New Zealand guarantees that products must perform/last for an acceptable period of time.
0 Likes
userGcM2l9hOeJ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I took the Gear Fit 2 pro back to the retailer and they sent it on to Samsung for a diagnosis just to prove I hadn't mistreated it. Finally got a call from Samsung to let me know that it was indeed faulty and would be sending out a replacement to the retailer. I have already purchased a replacement so the retailer is going to give me a credit. So it is possible to have multiple failures of the fitness/health tracking in the Gear Fit 2 pro. 

0 Likes
Mrmark
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

yea mine stopped same day as yours . i still have device was wondering it would work now but still nothing

0 Likes
userIogNnJYQm6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have Have you found a way to fix this problem yet? Mine is doing the same since in updated it 

Thanks 

Danni

0 Likes
usermi2Ue2uMeF
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had to login and add to this thread. I went on the five boro bike tour over the weekend... which is the longest bike ride I've done yet. 40 miles. Would have been nice to track the calories and route... but neither worked with the cycling function .PLEASE Samsung provide a work around .I get that coding and bug fixes take time. This is frustrating.. But I know you guys know that already

user5vDGZIR5C3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The sensors all stopped on my 6 week old phone. Have full purchase receipt box, warranty in English, Ebay UK purchased so rang for help.  I was told the watch was a non-Eu origin and warrenty invalid.  Supplier says their replacement 30 days so upto Samsung

Disgusted with Samsung no more Samsung products for me or mine! 

0 Likes
userdiaTRt9iBT
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Pleased if helped you.  Made no difference for me.

0 Likes
DOSIrl
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey,

That solution did not work for me. This issue started less than 24 hours ago. Seems to be related to an "update". Any way to roll back to the previous version?

0 Likes