cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear fit 2 pro stopped tracking steps and HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problems! all the sensors of the watch don't works! please give us a solution! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From last 8 months my so-called smartwatch is just a ordinary watch, I can't even where this watch just to show off, because then people will ask me to show features Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

The only fix I got from Samsung was in "my comment", where they edited my bad word and warn me not to use it again.

May be this issue in our watch is intentional, I'm also a software developer and there is nothing we can't fix, but only if its a software issue, I think this is a permanent hardware failure.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would agree that it must be a hardware issue as mine has been returned for repair twice and I have received a new main board both times.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES!  Clearly a lot of people having this issue - in different countries.

This is without a doubt a design flaw.   Mine worked for 4 months after I bought it.  I ended up sending it to Samsung for repair and when I received it back - it worked for less than a week and now has the same issues.

Totally unacceptable!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@1_Former_User wrote:

bought my Gear Fit2 Pro at the end of May 2018.
Model #SM-R365 / Software version R365XXU2CRC7

This morning (19 Sep. 2018), it stopped working.

After writing the post above, I sent my Gear Fit2 Pro for repair (under guarantee) and I have received it back today (2 Oct. 2018).

I am happy with the very quick turnaround.

The report from the repair centre mentions the following problems:

1. the device does not switch on
    replace faulty motherboard
  2. the heart rate sensor does not work
  3. the step counter does not work
  4. software updated to latest manufacturer's version
  5. specific manufacturer bulletin service applied
    per manufacturer's requirements

I have restored my data to my Gear and I can confirm that the 'updated' software is the same version that was already installed prior to the repair.

The heart rate sensor is working and my steps are being recorded.

So far so good, but I have to say that my confidence in my Samsung device has been severely shaken by what has happened and by reading this thread.

I'll update this post if necessary.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Gear Fit 2 Pro has just stopped this evening. This is the second time this has happened.

It was repaired under warranty the last time. The device is now in over a year old (ordered it with my Note8).

I very much doubt Samsung will repair it again for free. I will not be purchasing another Gear product. Back to my Gear Fit 2 for me. This is very very frustrating, to say the least.

SM-R365

R365XXU2CRC7

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All sensors down for me for a outh three days, tried, restart, reset, GPS on and off, walk and run, update software.  Nothing worked. I had it only for a few months.

Any latest suggested solution?

Model: SM-R365

SW Version: R365XXU2CRC7

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's less than 2 years old. 

Start a chat with support and arrange a repair. I'm awaiting collection of mine for its second repair.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine stopped tracking as well as NO wake up on gesture after 5 months of use, really dissapointed in this device.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

15 days ago my Gear Fit 2 Pro stopped tracking steps and HR. I have not warranty. What can I do? if it software problem, why Samsung dont send new update? If it hardware problem, why Samsung sell device with problems?