cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gear fit 2 screen flickering on charge.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear fit 2 has been working flawlessly. I love it. Then one day last week I put it on to charge and the screen started flicking very bright white light. It eventually stopped, and appeared to charge. When I tried to wear it the next day the screen would not work, and the device got very hot. After letting it sit all day, the screen started to work again but each time I try to charge it the same thing happens and it is broken for a few hours. I have done a factory reset and it hasn't fixed the problem.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear fit 2 screen flickering on charge.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the original charger and cable? Have you tried another cable? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the original charger and cable? Have you tried another cable? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

K1lee
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same screen flickering problem while charging. I'm using the original charger and I have tried another orginal charger that came with a different Gear Fit 2. It happens on both Chargers. I've done the factory resets as well and it still continues to have this issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message? http://bit.ly/2kZXrit

Patch207
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same issue and have used nothing but the charger out of the box. 

The infamous Galaxy Note 7 issue, a recently discovered Galaxy S10, S10+ and Galaxy S10e finger print flaw which the current fix is to use the flawed facial recognition until a patch comes out.  Now a problem with the Gear Fit2.  Not as though Samsung has a good history with hardware but of course this is a consumer problem until many more reports arise.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Patch207 I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

LadyBrynna
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having almost the exact same problem.  Just started a couple of days ago.  I can't even tell if it's actually picking up a charge.  I can't get it to reboot,  or maybe it's rebooting,  but i can't power it OFF. The screen flickers crazy on the charger,  and only portions of the screen are visible when I wake the face.  

I can't find another, affordable version with similar enough specs for me to replace it yet,  so hopefully there's an actual fix? I'm using the original charger.  No physical damage,  normal wear. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@LadyBrynna Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information

• Model number
  • Serial number