JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear fit2 pro spotify offline

(Topic created: 09-23-2017 04:40 AM)
DrkphoeniX421
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Does anyone know how to set this up yet?

24 Replies
userkKbxjhOGA4
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I also cannot figure out how to set this up. Don't see any options for download in the app on the watch.

0 Likes
userVXcKK11H8m
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Downloads are innitiated on the phone version of Spotify, when you download a song on the phone version WITH the Fit2 Pro connected and the running the Spotify app songs will load to both locations.

I find the the easiest way is to create a playlist on the phone version called Fit2 Pro and download all the songs you want, with the watch not connected, when you got everything you want connect the watch and bring up Spotify to load them there.

Ron W.

Solution
userkKbxjhOGA4
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Figured this out yesterday. You need to have the gear fit 2 pro connected to WiFi in order to download playlists. As soon as I connected it to WiFi it asked me to sign in to Spotify and allowed me to download playlists. To enable WiFi go to settings, connections.

DrkphoeniX421
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
DrkphoeniX421
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So I am still having an issue as the songs show up in my gear playlist, but I am still unable to select them. The spotify on the gear Is asking me to go online when I try to select download at the top when I am in the playlist. Can you give me detailed instructions, please?

0 Likes
userzOZuwgqFG8
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just got the gear fit2 pro and played with it and spotify all day to figure out how to listen to music from the fit2 pro when it was not online or talking to the phone.  Here is what I learned:

I signed up for a premium subscricption with spotify.   I loaded the Spotify app to my PC and created play lists.  I am sure you can do this on the mobile app as well.  I then added the Spotify app to the fit2 pro - you have to provide your spotify credintials.  Then  you can download your playlists; on my pc Spotify app I right clicked on the playlist and picked the download option (don't know how to do this on mobile app).  This moved my playlist to the fit2 pro (and my mobile Spotify App).

Spotify assumes you are online when you play music and will make sure that only one online source is playing the music at once (that is why you need to have an internet connection).  But you can also set a playlist to play offline so that you won't need an internet connection - like if you are going running.  To accomplish this, I then went to my fit2 pro, found my playlist that I had downloaded, went to setting and set the app to off line mode.  It took a few minutes to donwload all of the music.  Now I can listen to my playlist from the fit2 pro without an internet connection.  This will only work for about 30 days, then Spotify wants you to go back online - in other words, turn the offline mode off.   (I assume to make sure that your premium subscription is still active).

This is non-trivial and I had not found any place that described all the steps I took to make it work.  Maybe there is an easier way??

userI87iEMsqwR
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi!

Thanks for your answers but I'm still struggling... The only options I can see under playlists on the gear fit Spotify app are: save, volume, shuffle and repeat. I press save but don't know if that's downloaded. Also, when I disconnect from WiFi and Bluetooth the Spotify app no longer works so I can't access the offline playlists (which makes me think the save button hasn't actually downloaded it). Can anyone help? How do I download and go for a run without taking my phone?

Thanks!

0 Likes
userG3NsIwmlPJ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Im having also problems accessing offline playlist. Can't event login into Spotify with my Facebook account, although the credentials are correct. Lots of people having the same problem but it works for others! Has anyone found the solution?

Thanks 

0 Likes
user4CjZSO1qUG
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I also had trouble logging in with Facebook, I read online that it won't accept your Facebook details , you need your spotify username which is a series of numbers , you can get this by logging into spotify on your phones browser and in account settings click on set password and spotify will send you your username 

0 Likes