Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jskip
Constellation

Gear s2 manufacturer defect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Beware gear s2 sport owners!!!! My small band gave out at two months old, then the large 3 weeks later. I ordered a small OEM replacement and it just broke as well. No damage, resistance or reason to break, just laying on the couch and pull my hand out from under a blanket and the point where the rubber band is GLUED to the latch gives out. This is ridiculous for a 4 month old watch. Just sent my second email to customer support with pics after my first one went ignored. I loved the watch but now thoroughly regret my purchase

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamsungMic
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear s2 manufacturer defect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Jskip,

Thanks for joining our community and posting here. We are sorry to hear that this has happened with your Gear S2 bands. We would like to set up an exchange for you. Please send a private message and we can work on that for you. 

17 REPLIES 17
SamsungMic
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Jskip,

Thanks for joining our community and posting here. We are sorry to hear that this has happened with your Gear S2 bands. We would like to set up an exchange for you. Please send a private message and we can work on that for you. 

userlXJHsYzbG9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi samsung I also have a problem with my gear s2

I have the horizontal bands across my screen I've only had it maximum 1 month and this shouldn't be happening at all I've factory reset everything that I possibly could.. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a formal Samsung evaluation and repair/replacement might be in order. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKuAdnubsVw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My band won't stay attached. Love my gear fit2 but this is so frustrating. Paid too much for this to happen.

Lindzizcool
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  went to Amazon to get a band that latches like an old fashioned watch band that latches like a belt.  The one that it came with only lasted about 6 months.   The product I have is the first gear fit.

userldgIqhA72Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My name is tfc. I've purchased 2 gear fit2 at different times. On each watch the band broke away from the watch. A replacement band will not fit. The clamp that the band fits is broken off. 

DjNekkon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dont sleep with it...dont pull the band before pushing up the tab to take it out. I git a 3rd watch and i am using aftermarket bands from amazon that fixed all my problems. Check the reviews before buying them. There plenty of good ones. I went ahead and bought different colors since they are fairly cheap. Dont let the belts throw you off. Our watch play videos, youtube, ipb68 they are well built. My wife got adapter so ahe can use regular 22mm bands. She loves it. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Jskip. We are following up to ask if you needed any further assistance. We are available anytime if you need any additional help. Have a wonderful day.

gt601
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My band also broke. I spent over an hour with two separate people to have them tell me to send it back and that it will take up to four weeks to see if they will replace the band under warranty.  Why not ask for a picture of the broken band and send me a new one? This is not a cheap timex watch. The band is something that I would think would last longer than 6 months. 

Not thrilled to say the least.