Did you mean: 
userLToN50gGvL
Astronaut

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Same here please help 

userbDqwt11C1H
Asteroid

Hi help with your battery drain. Go to your phone settings go down to apps and then down to gear s plugin click on storage and clear data that will help you. A. Harvey
Highlighted
user6C79VWw8QI
Constellation

Another user suggested I try and update the Gear S Plug in to version number 

2.2.03.18101561 does anyone know what this will do.  There is an apk download link. Is this a new update or will this roll it back to a previous version?

Thanks..

Kain

userJwfmLwvgpo
Constellation

Yes i am facing the same issue right now on my gear s3 frontier... 10 to 15 percent batt drain in 1 hour.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are aware of a limited number of reports about our Gear S3 watches experiencing shortened battery life and will be releasing an update in the coming weeks to address this issue.

userDChYeYdeoE
Constellation

We should not have to wait a couple of weeks to have this issue fixed. 

user6JD8oKh7oB
Constellation

Waiting a couple of weeks to use a device that we have paid hundreds of dollars for is unacceptable.  Before Samsung sends out any update they need to perform more rigorous testing of the update to determine what the effects of the update will be and if it essentially bricks the device such as this update does... DO NOT PUBLISH IT!!!  

user7PYIoCz7tl
Astronaut

Limited reports?? People have been reporting excessive battery drain for over a year now. Tizen 3.0.0.1 was supposed to fix the issue, nope. Tizen 3.0.0.2 released and still the same battery drain and the issue with charging past 92% is still not solved.

Yes I done a full factory reset of the Gear S3 and even the phone. Fresh - Fresh. Used to get 60% - 50% usage rate a day between charges, now I am at 30% or lower when it hits the charger 24hrs later.

userzv7wdNwzib
Astronaut

My Gear S3 Frontier apparently automatically updated early Monday morning and now it drains the battery at about 15% an hour if it I turn off all connections.  I was forced to choose between Samsung and Apple a couple of months ago when I had to reluctantly give up my Windows 10 Phone.  I can't stand Apple so went with Samsung and now this.  A $300 watch that won't make it through a full day at work.  What a waste, I never had these kinds of problems with Microsoft hardware.  Get it together Samsung and send out an update to fix your last update that seems to be destroying every watch that gets the update.

userYuARoVAYxZ
Constellation

I turned off NFC and wifi on mine today and it seems to have helped tremendously.  Seems like I saw a recent Samsung Pay upgrade and I wonder if NFC is now draining the battery.  Time will tell.