cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFdqM2EFjuk
Asteroid

Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

After updating to the Wear app on my phone , my gear s3 frontier can't even hold charge for 12 hours!

very annoying! 

My galaxy wearable app version is 2.2.21.108080361

and my gear s plugin is 2.2.03.18083051

Anybody else having the same issue?

127 REPLIES 127
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Can I have your full model code? Have you restarted the device since the update?

userFdqM2EFjuk
Asteroid

Yes I have restarted and did a reset too. Didn't help. Model number is sm-r760

userN06N0UaR8r
Astronaut

Same problem here, very fast battery drain since approximately 1-2 weeks. Won't even last half a day. Tried resetting both all Gear apps on my phone as well as factory settings of Gear S3 watch, didn't help.

Please advise, below are all software versions of apps and watch.

Gear App:

Samsung Gear 2.2.21.18080361

Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.18083041N

Samsung Accessory Service 3.1.91.80828

Gear S 3 Classic (SM-R770):

Tizen 3.0.0.2

Software R770XXU2CRH1

Knox:

Knox 2.2.0, SE for Tizen 1.0.0, TIMA 3.0.0

userviULxuvXDJ
Constellation

So two days ago my battery drained after a full charge in 8 hours! Been wearing the watch for 15 months with 3 days of use without charging. I've deleted all apps, watch faces, turned off Samsung Health and still it drained. I charged it to 80% at my office that morning, and it looked like it was back to normal showing 2d 15 hours left on the battery, but at night I took the watch off left it by my bedside I woke up 6 hours later it went from 70% to 13% whilst even in DND mode from 10pm to 6am. I'm now hoping that its either the DND causing the drain or something happens when you take the watch off, i.e. the notification option not to show notifications when the watch isn't being worn? I'm trying the lot but this battery drain occured 3 weeks after I downloaded the update. 

user0JE9GgZhAi
Constellation

Logging in on my Samsung account seams to have doing the trick for me. I´ve a Classic and a Frontier that both had the problem starting this Monday. After logging in to my Samsung acount and approve the agriments again all is back to normal again on both watches. Hope this can be a help for you to.

user4SEVD9zx2M
Astronaut

Same issue here. Started a couple of days ago.  Restart/reboot don't help...

uservslk4R8Fmf
Constellation

Same problem here.  I bought my S3 Classic in June and I had no battery problems until a couple months ago and now my gear doesn't last any more than 5 hours.  Samsung, this sounds like a widespread problem.  What is the fix?

Highlighted
userjQ3voTfE8k
Astronaut

I have the same issue (Sweden). Remove the watch from charger with 100% battery when going to sleep. Wake up 6-7 hours later and the battery is completely drained.

This morning it used 13% of battery in 20 minutes and I was not even wearing the thing! Using Gear S3 with iPhone 7.

AOD off, all Samsung Health options turned off, reset done several times.. 

userzo5SDxRpDb
Constellation

I am having the same issue, I cannot even make it a full day at work without my battery dying. This has happened several times in the year and a half that I have had my watch and it always takes Samsung way too long to send out an update. At this point I'm about ready to jump ship since my S8+ has similar issues with the battery draining way too fast.