cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userX4FVbXuaIW
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Hi 

I have this same problem (uk). Two days ago samsung replace battery for me but the issue is still there... max 7-8 hours on full battery.  I try everything but look like nothing work for my s3... is like rubbish now and samsung is ignoring all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user7hJYWKHEY4
Asteroid

Hello mate, have you done what i explained, reset the watch, DO NOT restore your apps and DO NOT update the samsung apps, also uninstall Samsung Wearables from your phone and when you restart the watch let it pair with the phone and let it reinstall the Wearables App, once this is all done you can install your watchfaces, if you install any apps just do one at a time and see if it drains the battery, just DON'T update the Samsung Apps, from what i have read it is the Samsung Health app you update on the watch that causes the major drain.

I have had my watch on since 0430 hours and at 1613 it is at 69% a lot a better then recent days.

good luck

userPuXwUmCYq8
Asteroid

Hi, ....KHEY4

Pardon my ignorance, can you explain how to uninstall wearable apps?

This is what I did: from the phone App, Settings>Apps and for every app in the list, the UNINSTALL option is disabled.

I have tried reset, have not updeted or installed anything new and still my S3 Frontier does not last more than 5 hours.

Thank you

user7hJYWKHEY4
Asteroid

hello

I dont know what phone your using, i got the S8, you need to the following

force stop the Gear S Plugin and Galaxy Wearable,

Uninstall both of those apps,

do a full reset on the watch,

when the watch restarts let it pair with your phone,

the phone should then automatically download both the Plugin and Wearable app,

open the Wearable App,

DON'T restore apps to phone

DON'T update apps on watch,

hopefully that should help out with the battery drain.

userPuXwUmCYq8
Asteroid

Hi KHEY4,

thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have the S9 phone.

In my apps I uninstalled the Gear Wearable. By doing that the phone automatically asked me if I wanted to uninstall 3 other apps:

Gear S Plugin, SASystemProviders, and Call Provider.  Neither of which showed up in the apps list by itself.

by the way, I have a Bluetooth Gear S3, not one with phone line attached.

I have followed your instructions, will give the watch a try, and feedback the result once I find out if it changed my battery life.

userPuXwUmCYq8
Asteroid

Update.

unfortunately the drain rate did not improve. About 20% per hour.

thanks

user7hJYWKHEY4
Asteroid

UPDATE

looks like everyone has their own individual problems with the battery drain and my solve doesnt work for everyone, though i have found another app on the phone which caused a power drain, Samsung Smartthings updated the other night and i watched the drain, within 2 hours the watch went from 25%(after 36 hours of wear) to total drain, i uninstalled the app, recharged the watch and left it for 48 hours with the result of the watch being at 62%, i will now wear the watch after a full charge and see how long it stays powered.

userPuXwUmCYq8
Asteroid

Dear Samsung moderators,

I have received, last week,  the update R760XXU2CRK2 described as to fix battery problems.

After downloading the update, resetting the watch and following all the recommended steps, I am experiencing the same battery life of 5 hours max.

Bottom line: IT DIDN’T WORK.

Please keep trying. 

userhwa8SoUufL
Constellation

Same here, update didn't improve anything. So dissapointed with Samsung...

userbZxTKf0fQN
Asteroid

New update out week of nov 25th 2018; 10.78mb update.

After 2 service requests and repairs. New battery, new charging plate (back of the watch) and some part I have no idea what it is (per the sheet I received when I got it back) and the latest update it's all OK. I still believe the new update helped a lot; I tried it for a day before I took the update and still had issues with it draining, after the update all seems fine. All Wednesday and Thurs without having to recharge and that's with GPS, nfc, health, Bluetooth and the works active.

Very nice. NOW, hopefully samsung does a little better job at checking software releases before unleashing them to them to the world.