cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYuARoVAYxZ
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

After a few hours I was back to having the battery drain rapidly.   I'm pretty much keeping mine in airplane mode most of the time which isn't very useful.

userD7qTXGPchn
Constellation

been experiencing issues with my Gear S3 Frontier for about the last month or 2.

went through "Support Chat" this morning.

advised to reset watch. - Done

took photo of watch @ 9:00 AM with 72%.

at time of writing 10:17 AM 66%

approx drain of 6%.

Edit:

waiting on new WearOS watches based on 3100 chip, as soon as they come out Gear S3 goes.

userv4oaTD4Dvg
Astronaut

It's been a couple of weeks - is there an update?  I have a few days left in my return window and need a fix ASAP

RicFazz
Constellation

When will they be releasing it? TY

userq003cFQE3Q
Constellation

You have done nothing to fix this 

but you Samsung caused this with your software update

class action lawsuit coming!!!!!!

userGNemk3W9ES
Constellation

Is ANYONE AT SAMSUNG GOING TO ANSWER ANYTHING? I've gone through 4 of these watches so far. At this point the one I'm currently using I won't update, from the day I purchased it until now, and that's the only way the battery drain doesn't occur . Where is Samsung to address the actual issue or send us dummies who wanted our money on these watches some kind of compensatory replacement .This is HORRIBLE customer service, to me, this is WORSE THAN THE NOTE 7 debacle

userHcSPLYZ0Wz
Constellation

Aware of the "few"? Most if not all are having this trouble. If I turn everything off and turn it into a cheap watch, it still drains. Should have bought a $20 watch instead. At least ii could tell the time and not worry about battery drain. 

TMcConnell
Constellation

UPDATE: I got my watch back from Samsung, they told me my battery was bad and needed to be replaced, they also needed to replace the adapter and charging cable as I had sent everything in to them  I can actually report that my watch lasted at least two days on a single charge. I don't have a ton of stuff running but do have the basics, even played a couple of games on it yesterday without any significant dtrain. So if you want it fixed, maybe call Samsung and see about getting it sent to service, I told them I don't feel I should have to pay anything because I do feel their update jacked things up. They ended up doing the repair for free. I was without my watch for roughly a little over two weeks, but it was sent to them right before Christmas holiday, so I already knew it would take longer. So far though my watch is working fine, so that's an option if anyone wants to see if it works for them too.

Parts replaced: battery, charging adapter, (brick) and USB charging cable

userGNemk3W9ES
Constellation

But what firmware is on it? 

userHzUFxXerjy
Constellation

I can only say that I had the rapidly-depleting battery issue with mine as well.  I read several blogs that seemed to narrow it down to the Samsung Health app update from several months ago.  I performed a full factory reset on mine to wipe out all updates, unpaired it from my phone, uninstalled all Samsung Gear/Wearable software from my phone, then reloaded it.  I started the Gear S3, re-paired it to my phone, and allowed everything to update EXCEPT Samsung Health.  To date, my battery life has been fine.  I have no intention of letting update the Samsung Health app until Samsung goes public with a guaranteed fix for the issue, which I personally haven't seen yet.  If anyone know of such, please let us all know.  I have to agree that I think it's deplorable Samsung has issued no proactive acknowledgment of the issue or resolution for it.  

Samsung, just how fast do you really want to lose customers like this?!!  ANSWER your customers, please!