cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqEtA1ZUO8C
Asteroid

Re: Gear s3 extreme battery drain! September 2018

Gear s3 is only lasting 8 hours. I have tried all the fixes and nothing works. My gear s3 has been nothing but problems and customer support isess than useless. Last Samsung product I will ever buy. I'm just glad I found out the truth about Samsung before I bought $10k worth of new appliances. 

Sorry Samsung. You should have stolen more from Apple. My wife doesn't have these issues with her Apple watch.

I can't wait to trash this whole Samsung mess and go back to Motorola and fitbit.

userGYRlL9Fc6N
Astronaut

Mine just went from 47% to 15% over the course of 2 hours. Claiming Notifications used 47% of my power when I only got a SINGLE text during this time.  My Galaxy S7 phone is having battery drain issues itself, lasting up to 8 hours before needing a charge. Not good.

Also using Gear S3 Classic SM-R770.

update: in the 5 minutes it took to type this after a restart, the battery has dropped an additional 3%

userz1UglKBjJq
Astronaut

I have same issue. But it seems to me that drain is caused by connection between phone and the watch. As soon as I severe the connection, watch battery performance is much higher. 

userfS0AucZ1ra
Constellation

Same situation here, all of a sudden after one gear update battery drained in less than 4 hours (from 3 days of normal life). Reset and reboot did not help. I did noticed that it only happened upon opening the health application to look at my sleep time.

Samsung Gear 2.2.21.18080361

S plugin 2.2.03.18083041N

Acces 3.1.91.80828

userb3l1mPHa2V
Constellation

Same. Went from having 3 days or more of battery usage and yesterday morning I took it off the charger at 100% and it was dead 5 hours later. And I have now had my watch off the charger for 1 hour and it's down to 79%. Battery saver did help yesterday.

userFgVYo5g3Nb
Constellation

the same thing happened to me. All of the sudden I am barely getting through a full day. Last week I was getting 3 days

userbYnpNQK4fs
Constellation

I am having the same issues starting two days ago. I charge my watch and it is dead less than 12 hours later. Even on battery saving mode, it drains about 1% every 3 minutes. I have no additional software or watch faces installed and do even tried a factory reset with no success. Any suggestions?

userMbMaID2KxF
Constellation

I just bought my gear s3 about 5 days ago and it never held a charge longer than 8 hrs even on power saving mode. Please help. 

userz4HrVRANUY
Constellation

I believe that there is a bad batch of watches out there. My coworker has the same watch and doesn't have any issues with it. Mine is complete junk when it comes to battery life to the point that I mostly have to run it in power save mode. I was six days out of warrenty and tech support wanted to charge me to have the issue fix. My watch was a Father's Day gift and it wasn't cheap that is basically the only reason I haven't smashed it yet. Samsung needs to do more than software updates that are not working. We were sold faulty merchandise and it needs to be rectified immediately. I don't understand how can you produce a new model while the last model has issues. 

userpXyUQuPof0
Constellation

Same here ! Everything has been fine for months ....2-3 days with out any issue. I on bluetooth during the night to monitor my sleep and on 4G LTE during the day at work since I leave my phone in the office and I am outside all day. All of the sudden ( Last few days ) I goto bed at 100% and wake up to the battery at 56-58%. Keep in min I have Heart rate montior turned off....I have DND turned on while I sleep...and I have the bezel wake up disabled so the screen wont come one while I sleep. So the sceen is never on and the Gear S3 Frontier is bascially in sleepmode and still burns through half the battery over night. Prior to this happening over the last few days, I would wakup to the battery being at 92-95% so something has changed and I have no idea what it is. PLEASE HELP