cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 frontier battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to this growing list.  Battery life has been awful. And just last night it was at 100% and I woke up to it being at 26%. In do not disturb mode as well, so it wasn't even lighting up at all during the night.  Very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So after doing some troubleshooting, try a single night with bluetooth off.

I did that it's fine. That says it's a connected to a proces on a connected phone trying to do a sync or something and gets stuck in a loop.

Bed with 5% loss, last night.

Samsung must fix this issue!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Went to bed at 100% charge. Watch woke me up with a low battery alert before 3 a.m. Why is this taking so long for Samsung to fix? As much as I despise Apple products, at least they work as advertised. This is the last Samsung product I will ever purchase. The new fitbit products seem to be the best replacement right now. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same issue a couple of weeks ago and after trying different things, I noticed that notifications were using too much battery. The only way I could fix this issue was by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Samsung gear application. Resetting it did not fix the problem nor factory resetting the watch.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue continues to drain after a 4 to 5 hours battery down to 2%. When will Update be released? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a used gear S3 Frontier Model #  SM-R760.  Someone sold me their problem.  Wish I had read this first.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Called Samsung, they said the warranty had expired.  The graciously offered to fix it for around what I can buy a new one for.  What a deal for a problem they appear to have caused!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am now having this same problem.  I have had mine for much longer though, however, it just started draining down really fast.  I read a lot of this thread and was a bit disappointed when I read the part where a tech from Samsung suggested turning everything off.  Before this drastic drain I was using my fitness features, watch faces, at least 18 different notifications, w/ the brightness at 0900 and I was able to run it like this from 9am past getting off work and till I put it on the charge dock around 2200.

I even have weather and the display to turn on for I believe 15 when a notification came on.

Since this draining issue I have drastically reduced it's functions.

Here I was thinking I may add the latest samsung watch to my collection.

It's ironic to me as I was considering having a alternate one, now I'm looking at the other brands like the Garmin and Suunto smart watches.

I was enjoying my S3 Frontier w/ my Note 8 till this non-sense started happening.  I had even reset the watch and phone settings, reconfigured and it's still draining rediculously fast.  I've been midigating this power issue by having a charging down in my office at work as well as one at home.

Anyway, let me know if you found a solution.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By a new battery, watched a you tube video (joes gaming and electronics) bought a new battery,  a special screw driver for 30 bucks total, followed the you tube video, in 15 minutes i had a brand new watch, i now go almost 2 days on a charge, take things in your own hands and get things done. Steve

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@chaplain565 wrote:

By a new battery, watched a you tube video (joes gaming and electronics) bought a new battery,  a special screw driver for 30 bucks total, followed the you tube video, in 15 minutes i had a brand new watch, i now go almost 2 days on a charge, take things in your own hands and get things done. Steve

I did the same, replaced my battery and now watch appears to be working just fine.

the battery I took out of the watch is very obviously swollen.  looks about 50% thicker on one side than the battery I replaced it with.