cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 frontier battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. Turn off bluetooth 2. In Samsung Health - three shoes - setup - turn off exercise detection 3. Turn on bluetooth 4. Turn off the watch 5. Charge the watches off at 100% 6. Turn on your watch and check for stamina
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is this? "three shoes then setup" Where is this menu? Can you post a picture?

NOthing I have tried is helping solve this yet except turning off BT (defeats the point of a smartwatch)

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me.

Battery full in the evening , empty 9am.

Doesn't make sense to use watch at all.

#samsung do something 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch is also having this problem and just like the other posters, it started a couple of days ago.  Previously my watch would have around 60% battery remaining after a full day's use.  Now it won't make it through the day and today my watch was dead after 6-7 hours.  I've now got a useless watch that can't even make it through a workday.  Samsung needs to fix whatever they broke immediately.  A coworker also has this watch and he confirmed he has the same problem that started this week after previously getting 3 days of use out of a charge.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned off auto updates on the gear app. Factory reset my watch on the watch settings, and it is back to normal. I will wait to turn on the auto updates after they figure out a solution.. hope this helps...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Turn off bluetooth in your watch
2. In the Samsung Health smartphone - three points - setting - turn off exercise detection
4. Turn off the watch
5. Charge the watch off at 100%
3. Turn on bluetooth in your watch
6. Turn on the watch and check the stamina

Google Translate

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try your solution last night and still same issue. only good thing is it does not drian when it is on a charger Smiley Surprised

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: At 11 p.m. my watch was at 100%. wore it to bed with wake up gesture turned off. At 2 a.m. my watch woke me to let me know it was at 15%. At 7 a.m. my watch was dead. I left my watch off while it took almost 4 hours to charge. At 11 a.m. battery was 100% and had an estimated 2 days 9 hours and 7 minutes remaining. Three hours later (2 p.m.) it is at 91% with an estimated 1 day 20 hour and 5 minutes remaining. At a drain rate of 3% per hour, my watch should be around 35% tomorrow morning when I wake up. This will be an improvement from the last 4 days but is still about 36 hours short of what I was getting last week at this time. 

I have done multiple resets. I have not loaded anything on my watch. I have removed all of the removable bloatware. I have removed all my music (part of the reason for buying this watch was to have music when I run without having to carry my phone). I have turned off Samsung Pay. I am using the standard Frontier watch face with wake-up gesture turned off. My display is at 1. notification sound at 1, vibration at light. 

I will update again before 11 p.m. est with the current battery power. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, if you have a Bluetooth version you may have already gotten the most recent update designed to help with this issue. Carrier versions will roll out later; ETA is dependent on when your carrier is set to release it. Make sure you continue to check for updates regularly. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a bluetooth version and installed the latest update but still didn't fix anything. Battery still draining extremely fast.