Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Gear s3 frontier battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shocking product.

Samsung are false advertising.

Samsung Gear S3 Classic stuck in Reboot mode

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier draining battery.

Complete and utter theft.

I have written to the ombudsman and will get my money back on both. 

I will never buy another Samsung Product. That Includes a TVs/Fridges/Phones etc

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NOT SOLVED!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started having this problem since beginning of tis week. My Frontier is less than 2 weeks old...

The fully charged watch at 9 - 10pm is less than 10% by morning 7am. I do not wear it at night.

Looks like problem is worse when user is not wearing it, it looks pretty Ok when it is On my wrist during the day...

I am returning this watch within the 15 day window... dont want to wait for future upgrade uncertainty... 

BAD experience with Samsung product

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, look at the bigger picture here!!!   This "new" overnight drain issue hit us like a sledgehammer 2-3 days ago, and we've ALL been dealing with the other battery drain problem for months.  Please don't just feed us that same old "do a reset", "remove all your apps", junk.  Something happened this week that has DRASTICALLY changed how our watch functions overnight.  Before 10/16/2018 I was going to bed at 100% charge, and waking up at about 75-85%.  Now I go to bed at 100% and wake up at 5-10%. 

In my own case, I made absolutely NO CHANGES to my watch this week.  No new apps, no new watch faces, not change to any settings, and to my knowledge, no updates.  My usage of the watch is EXACTLY the same today as it was 3 days ago, but the results have been catastrophic. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On another thread, they just said due to a "limited" amount of reports, fix in a few weeks.  BS PR statement, everyone has the bug.  Batteries have limits, they just brought all ours down in value a notch big time - so it will wear out earlier and we can all go buy the new watch!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  1. Turn off bluetooth 2. In Samsung Health - three shoes - setup - turn off exercise detection 3. Turn on bluetooth 4. Turn off the watch 5. Charge the watches off at 100% 6. Turn on your watch and check for stamina
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue.  I just got off the phone with Samsung.  Says they are aware and an update will be released in the coming weeks.  If I use this watch before the update I'd better to keep a spare dumbwatch with me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here started on the 15th. My watch used to last 2 days ....no only hours ....what is going on Samsung? What Changed ? Please roll it back. I use my watch for work and now I'm dead in the water. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I talked to samsung and they wanted me to send it in until I told them it worked fine in battery save mode. The rep did not seem to know about the issue. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update 2: it's 7 pm and my watch is at 71%. That is a 21% drop in 8 hours. Still running at about 3% per hour. Battery meter says 1 day 11 hour and 58 minutes. Better than it was yesterday but not what it was last week. I'm going to charge overnight and see what happens tomorrow.