cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryp3TnTYEGx
Asteroid

Re: Gear s3 frontier battery drain

Update. After getting tired of running it on power saving mode all the time I did a hard button reset. Then cleared wearable cache and unistalled then reinstalled. Did another hard button reset for good measure. Didn't restore from back up and it seems to be running much better. Still can't run my AoD or it will kill the battery in hours. With it off it gets me through my work shift with around 40% battery remaining. 

userF8QLMbwvkP
Asteroid

For the first time in 18 months I had to leave the house without my Gear S3F because it was on the charger. This watch no longer keeps up with my schedule and seems to spend more time on the charger than my wrist. It's back to the analog automatic for me.

userwyz0uHKXQo
Constellation

Yep, same problem here. Watch is useless this way. The battery life was very very good before the One UI update. Now it is massive!

Hoping for a fix for this problem. Did anyone tried a reset of the watch?

userr1jWN6vo7v
Constellation

I have serious battery drain problem after One UI update.  Prior to One UI update, I was getting over 24 hours easily, and immediately after the update, I only got about 6 hours.  This doesn't get me through the day.  It's is useless now if battery life is stuck at 6 hours.  Samsung! I hope you see this message and FIX battery drain problem ASAP or you will lose another loyal customer!!! 

userlnrKfgugEc
Constellation

Updated s3 Frontier to One UI. Before this battery would last 14 hours. After update it now only lasts 6 at best. I changed no settings after update.

SAMSUNG FIX THIS ISSUE!

userGLbZjUn9ZH
Constellation

Same Issue. Battery life went from a full day to not being able to make it through a shift at work. I did a reset last night.. Seems to have helped a bit, only at 73% 3 hours later. Yesterday, after 3 hours, it was about 60%. Still horrible so far but a slight improvement. Loved this watch in the past but not worth keeping if the battery can't last a whole day like it used to.
LeandroVilla
Constellation

Similar issue happened to me, waiting for a solution too.

userA9tbzzNHu0
Constellation

My Gear s3 frontier drains so fast now, it is practically unusable.   So unfortunate, as the watch was a dream when I first purchased it. 

I have been dependent on it for tracking my exercise, but now it typically will go from 100% to dead in about 35 minutes--and that is with only three items active: cell service, samsung health, and music.  Everything else has been manually turned off.  As someone else has stated in this thread, we shouldn't have to manage functions this closely for typical usage.

As my workouts tend to be 45 minutes to an hour, it dies before I can finish tracking.   I am now forced to look to other brands/options.   I'm generally a fan of Samsung products, and unfortunately this makes me wary of committing more money to their wearable line.  Hopeful for a Samsung solution, but not holding my breath.

user8M63eWj6xX
Astronaut

since I got latest version R760XXU2ESE3, battery drains in 3-4 hours only. Turned off all services such GPS, WIFI, etc.

@userRNHuRtTaLj wrote:

Tizen 4.0.0.2 battery drains in 14-16 hours, basic services turned on like Samsung health and that's about it. No email, no alarms nothing else. Anyone have a resolution to this?

Highlighted
user84qzKy4zXZ
Asteroid

Mines buggered too! Check this out, 2 hours for 95% battery drain!Screenshot_20190612-110610_Gear S PlugIn.jpg