Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwycC4G9lZi
Cosmic Ray

Gear s3 frontier battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I am having an issue with my gear s3 frontier. The battery is draining with in few hours of full charge. I charged it to 100% by morning 8 am. I was using it during the day and by 1 pm, there is only 1% charge left and it shifted to power saving mode.  I experienced the same issue couple of days back too. This is a fairly new watch, I had purchased Gear s3 frontier in April 2018. 

Please advise.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userwycC4G9lZi
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear s3 frontier battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recieved my watch after service. The problem was stated to be internal battery failure. They replaced the battery and so far it looks good. Though the question lingers my mind on how battery could fail in a new watch, I am happy that its resolved and watch is working great. Thanks for all the help. 

142 REPLIES 142
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide me with the model code and baseband version?

userwycC4G9lZi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.

Please find the information. Let me know if you need anything else.

Serial Number: R5AK303BEHM 

MODEL NUMBER : SM-R760

TIZEN VERSION : 3.0.0.2

SOFTWARE VERSION: R760XXU2CRG3

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwycC4G9lZi: Thank you for that information. Just to confirm, do you have any applications running in the background on the Gear itself? 

userVUsCdEVBZZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi i am also having the same issue with battery draining insanely fast. 

I recently purchased this watch (only a week ago) , the first day or so everything worked fine no issues with the life of the battery. I noticed after 3 days the sensors stopped responding so after searching online for solutions to that issue it lead me to doing a reset on the watch and uninstalling and reinstalling the gear software on my samsung s8 phone.

Doing this has done nothing to fix the issue and putting the phone on battery saving mode did nothing either! It still chewed through the battery regardless. 

No apps running in the background , bluetooth turned off, wifi turned off, all the s -health tracking related applications off along with using the stock watch face after reset are not making any difference. 

I have the same model/software as the above poster.

MODEL NUMBER : SM-R760

TIZEN VERSION : 3.0.0.2

SOFTWARE VERSION: R760XXU2CRG3

Whats the deal? when is there going to be an update regarding this issue as it seems there are plenty of people complaining about it. 

Appreciate any advise you could give at this point as im starting to regret my purchase. 

userwycC4G9lZi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, there are no backgroud apps. I closed them all. Also, I am trying to recharge it now for last 4 hrs and its still at 26%. I am sure it recharges faster than that. At one point it was at 29% and now i see it gone down to 26% even while charging. How can this happen ? Could you please help.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userwycC4G9lZi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok, i think I am following all those steps mentioned in the manual. The charging light shows up red. Its been 4 hrs and its still 28%, i think it never goes up beyond that. It still says charging and  1 hr 48 mins to fully charge. I will wait another couple of hours to see if it fully charges and then give an update here. Thank you !

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwycC4G9lZi: Sounds good

userwycC4G9lZi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It tool almost 14 hrs to recharge it to 100% (It usually takes only couple of hours). It was 100% at 6 am and by 9:30 AM, I only have 43% battery left. At this rate, I expect the battery to die in next couple of hours.  There are no apps running, always on is off. 

I used to charge to 100% in couple of hours and then it lasts for 1.5 days to 2 days.

I think there is something wrong either with the battery or the sodtware. Could you please help ?