cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRNHuRtTaLj
Constellation

Gear s3 frontier battery drain

Tizen 4.0.0.2 battery drains in 14-16 hours, basic services turned on like Samsung health and that's about it. No email, no alarms nothing else. Anyone have a resolution to this?

22 REPLIES 22
userELnkFxk8iY
Astronaut

Re: Gear s3 frontier battery drain

Similar issue happened to me, and they didn't provided a solution, now I am stuck with a useles watch

userqEtA1ZUO8C
Asteroid

Mine went from 2+ days to less than 12 hours yesterday. I charged it yesterday morning and the low battery warning went off about 12 hours later. Charged it overnight and it just went off again. This is an issue with Samsung that seems to happen every 3-4 months. They have a new model coming out so this is probably their way to get us to upgrade.

userqEtA1ZUO8C
Asteroid

Update 

It got worse overnight. First, the battery drain is so fast that it takes three hours to charge my watch. Second, after finally get it charged, it was at 15% 10 hours later. When I checked the usage, it indicated that 53% was watch face. Hey, Samsung, I was asleep. The watch was in do not disturb mode. No watch face or notifications or anything else running except for Samsung Health to track my sleep.

I know that some Samsung groupie will have advice about turning this or that off or whatever. Even if those "solutions" worked, I shouldn't have to. My wife's apple watch doesn't need that.

I understand Samsung is here to make a profit. I make a profit too. What Samsung doesn't understand is that the ongoing issues with these watches has costed them much more profit. I will never buy another Samsung device. When I did a $30k upgrade to my kitchen  I did buy Samsung stuff. All my appliances are LG. I don't trust anything with the Samsung name to function. 

userWffyBFv5mN
Astronaut

I have for about 10k$ of Samsung's appliances in my house and had problems with most of them. I'll be replacing them with Thosiba or LG as soon as they break down. As a computer programer for the last 30 years if I let a bad version of software like this go to my clients I'll be looking for a new job on the next day. 

userWffyBFv5mN
Astronaut

Same think for me since yesterday's upgrade to 4.0.0.4. When from 2.5 days to about 6 hours it drains by 15% every hour.

No AOD

Uninstall every software I could

Reset the watch

Uninstall all the widgets

Turned off everythink except bluetooth

Is there a downgrade possible?

userEJFWOXCEk4
Constellation

My S3 started doing the same thing last week after the au...

My S3 started doing the same thing last week after the auto update .. from 2-3 days now 5-6 hrs ... my Note 8 also did an Auto update and lost some settings and now undesirable AD activities that occur as well as battery drain.

useryp3TnTYEGx
Asteroid

I was getting 16 hours before this one ui update.. Now after the update I get 5 hours.. What is going on Samsung?! I know it's not my battery.. I took my watch to Samsung last month and had the battery changed! I just did a reset and let it die out.. Its charging from zero now. If this doesn't fix it it will have to go in the drawer.. If it can't even make it through a 12 - 13 hour work shift it belongs in the trash can.. 

userxiHzYOv99D
Constellation

Same thing is happening to my Gear S3 Frontier. I use to get +24 hours on a single charge...now it doesn't even last 5 hours...

userXYIkg74xIa
Constellation

Same problem myself, was getting around 14-16 hrs on a charge but after update to one UI dies in around 6 hrs, almost useless, loved the watch before the update but now may have to just junk it if Samsung don't fix problem, definitely not going to even think about buying new galaxy watch as lost confidence in Samsung wearables if the company that produces both the hardware and the software can't get them to work together sounds like basic incompetence.