cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruI8qAqgyl1
Asteroid

Gear s3 frontier not seen by s health

I have recently had 2 updates. 1 to the samsung gear s3 and the other to amdroid 9 on my samsung note 8. Now my s health app doesnt recognize steps for s3. It only shows all steps mobile phone steps and s2 watch (wifes). When I load the app, it connects to the s3 and syncs data, but it won't let me set the steps to only track from my watch.

I have restarted both phone and watch, did a factory reset on watch, reinstalled samsung gear. Nothing works. I think it was the watch update that messed things up.

Phone: note 8, android 9.0

Watch: gear s3 frontier, tizen version 4.0.0.4, one Ui version 1.0

10 REPLIES 10
userKc3VxtJBZX
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 frontier not seen by s health

Same is happening here. What's the fix?

useruI8qAqgyl1
Asteroid

No fix I have come across yet. I just got another OTA update notification for my phone so I will be giving that a shot to see if the problem gets resolved after that. The watch still records all the data and transfers, I just cant get shealth to only show me data from gear s3 (so it looks like instead of 7k steps a day im getting 14k steps which is very incorrect

7h3d34f0n3
Asteroid

Same here I reset my watch, then uninstalled app on phone.  I then reinstalled the app and went through the setup.  The watch worked fine for about 10 minutes now it is doing what it was before, not connecting and is now a brick.

userIzIBIuYpCK
Constellation

I have the same issue on my Note 8 Running Android 9 reset the watch and uninstalled snd reinstalled s health  as well as the Wear App as asvised by Samsung support with no success Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your devices?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useruI8qAqgyl1
Asteroid

Wiped cache twice. Still no joy. It only sees my wifes S2 I connected once months ago to setup. My s3 isnt listed. It still pulls the data and s health says it is syncing with my s3 when it is pulling down data. It just doesnt give me the option in shealth to only show the s3 data. Its all steps, phone, or the s2 which isnt connected or even paired at this point.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have tried clearing the cache and data for the Galaxy wearables app?

useruI8qAqgyl1
Asteroid

Yep. Clear cache/data on wearables, shealth, and wiped note8 cache. Still no change

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to our S-Health team directly at 1-855-795-0509.