cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMtY0FHIN0Z
Constellation

Re: Gear s3 stuck on "check phone to complete set up" with galaxy s6

Im having the same problem. I've had it for 3 days now and no.matter what I do it just goes back to saying "Check ypur phone to complete setup." If any solution was ever found PLEASE let me know I am extremely frustrated.

roman_pro
Asteroid

Hard  reset did not helped me at all!

But here is what I did to FIX IT

1. Hard reset on watch

2. Reinstall the gear s app(iTunes)

3.  Forget old Bluetooth connection in settings!!!!!!!!!

4. Open the app and it will show you Available Gear Watches to connect to.

Use the Gear S app to set up first connection

(Connecting throug system setting did not worked for me so Do Not Try it)

Just connect through the reinstalled app

5. you may restore some of your setting later when login in to Sams Acc

userIcYnFzfFSY
Astronaut

Dear,

Have you got any solution.?

I am also facing same issue can you help me how can i fix it.?

Sincerely,

G.Bathrinarayanan

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is this through the Gear app that you are getting this notification? 

userM0EZaDKaXF
Constellation

Have you tried clearing the cache and data on the Gear Manager application? You can do that by going to Settings>Apps>Gear Manager on your phone, then pressing Storage. The options to clear the cache and data are in there.

This worked for me

Black Hole

Hey guys, can you tell us if you are receiving the message on the Gear itself or through the Samsung Gear application? 

Highlighted
Nebula

Good afternoon!  Please let us know if you are receiving the message on the Gear itself or through the Samsung Gear Application.

usery4XGkYT5SM
Constellation

I have just bought new Galaxy S9 and 46MM silver Bluetooth Galaxy Watch. Will not complete setup. The Wearable App screen showed 1-100% completing setup then stalled there for hours. Phone gets stuck in "Setting up your phone...Almost there." message with Cancel button greyed out with spinning galaxy background. Watch says "Check your phone top complete setup." Watch works with WiFi well when in stand alone mode.

1. Uninstalled and installed Wearable app from both Playstore and Samsung Apps stores.
2. I cleared and deleted the cache and data in the Wearable app - storage.
3. I restarted the watch in regular mode and hard reset watch several times.
4. I restarted the phone in safe mode but the wearable app was greyed out and would not open at all.

Symptoms persist.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usery4XGkYT5SM

Can I get you to send your full model code and serial number via private message?

user8QaLg0TusK
Constellation

I have the same issue. None of the suggestions worked for me either.

Running SlimRom6 Android 6.0.1 on my Samsung Note 3 phone.

Watch is the Galaxy Watch 46mm 693C.

Tried rebooting both devices.

Tried force closing "Galaxy Wearable" clearing data and cache on both "Galaxy Watch Plugin" and "Galaxy Wearable".
Get the "Unfortunately galaxy watch plugin has stopped" error and then the app hangs on "Pairing underway...".

Tried force closing "Galaxy Wearable" clearing data and cache on both "Galaxy Watch Plugin" and "Galaxy Wearable" and uninstalled just "Galaxy Watch Plugin".
Does a "Preparing to connect" and a % up to 100% then "Setting up your phone... Almost there" Then "Unfortunately galaxy watch plugin has stopped" error and then the app hangs on "Pairing underway...".

Tried force closing "Galaxy Wearable" clearing data and cache on both "Galaxy Watch Plugin" and "Galaxy Wearable" and uninstalled just "Galaxy Watch Plugin" and forget the bluetooth pair to the watch.
It does the pair up on both watch and phone, "Preparing to connect" and a % up to 100% then "Setting up your phone... Almost there" Then "Unfortunately galaxy watch plugin has stopped" error

Tried force closing "Galaxy Wearable" clearing data and cache on both "Galaxy Watch Plugin" and "Galaxy Wearable" and then uninstalled "Galaxy Wearable" and "Galaxy Watch Plugin" then reinstalled "Galaxy Wearable" and forget the bluetooth pair to the watch.
It does the pair up on both watch and phone, "Preparing to connect" and a % up to 100% then "Setting up your phone... Almost there" Then "Unfortunately galaxy watch plugin has stopped" error and then the app hangs on "Pairing underway...".

Tried it on my wifes phone which is a motorola g6 running android 8.0.0 and it completes the setup and I can use my watch for a short time until I try to connect it to my phone. Then it foolishly decides that it needs to reset in order to connect to a different phone. Now I'm back where I started. A watch that cant do anything unless it is paired to a phone I don't use.

Do you have a version of the app that is compatible with Android 6.0.1? This version obviously is not compatible.